question about KLLM hometime

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by AdamKaz138, Oct 19, 2009.

1. AdamKaz138

AdamKaz138 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Greenville, NC
    I just recently finished school and decided to go with KLLM. I know that most companies give you one day off for every week on the road. KLLM says that you will be home every 10 days. Now does that mean that you will only have 1 day off considering that 10 days isn't a full TWO weeks? or will they give you 2 days off? I'm just trying to understand the way it works. I'm sure there are a million questions regarding hometime, but I haven't found the answer I was looking for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. barger39

barger39 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Goose Creek,SC
    Not sure about your specific question as ive never done that. I stay out for three weeks at a time. When i go home, they dont count that day you return by the way,usually i get home before noon. Then i get my 3 days. I go back out on the morning of the 4th day. I try and leave around 9-10am or so but no specific time to be back has ever been told to me, just the day.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  4. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    Yeah, most drivers will tell you it will be hard to make decent paychecks only staying out 10 days. I guess it can be done, but why do most driver stay out 3 or 4 weeks?
    I've never had KLLM get picky about my days off, or sit and count my days making sure they are exact. I've stayed out 6 weeks and came home for 4, the stayed out 4 weeks and came home for 5 or 6. Nobody said a word. I guess it just depands on how you want to work and what kind of paychecks you want to make. I will say, that staying out, and letting your dispatcher know that you will be out 4 weeks or so, will give them permission to give you longer runs, more runs, and not have to worry about getting you routed home so soon. Besides, if you live in an area where you get routed on a trip, you may get to go by the house for a shower and to take your 10 hour break. I've taken a few 10 hour breaks and 34 hour resets at home.

5. readyman232002

readyman232002 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    jonesboro,ga.
    have a cdl but lookin 2 get back into trucking, out of truck since 2007. 3 perventable on dac, help pls.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.