question about the door tag with vin number on it

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by peabody747, Nov 13, 2022.

1. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    So I guess it was known that the door decal had a different Vin number then the ecm and other Vin markers when truck was purchased. Obviously previous company swapped doors and didn't change the decal.
    Anyhow I'm trying to sign the truck onto another company and during there process they notice this decal has the wrong Vin.
    so they put stuff on hold, I run to kenworth and order new decal with proper Vin, only problem is its gonna take a week or better until I get this decal.

now I understand the concerns with legality issues not having the proper Vin in place on the door where Obviously law enforcement will first look but the ecm and all other paperwork matches the proper Vin.

So with the proper decal ordered and now just a waiting game do you think this carrier would continue with the sign on process and get me rolling or do I need that decal on the the truck first

I know post will most likely be hard to comprehend

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Vin decals are not required anymore

Siinman and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. seamutt

seamutt Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2021
    According to my research, done last year, except in Colorado where they still want to see the last 8 digits of the VIN displayed.

5. peabody747

Jan 1, 2022
    I'm not talking about on the outside of the truck this is supposedly the identifier on the inside door jam that supposedly law enforcement would look at. I'm aware the Vin number doesn't need to be in with the dot number or name on outside door decals

6. NYStarcar

NYStarcar Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2020
    In a van down by the river
    Are you referring to the info tag in the doorjamb? Used-2010-Kenworth-T800-Day-Cab---CAT-C15---475-Horsepower.jpg

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

Good luck reading mine

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Colorado wants them on the right side of the truck so they can see them from the scalehouse, but they cannot require them. Except maybe on Colorado plated trucks, I don't know. I told the lady at the Lamar scale this one time and she said I was correct, that they are not mandatory. But she said if I had had them on the truck I would be driving down the road instead of being in there talking to her. Lol

9. peabody747

Jan 1, 2022
  10. NYStarcar

NYStarcar Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2020
    In a van down by the river
    You will probably need the new info plate decal before they can continue with signing on your unit.

peabody747 Thanks this.
  11. peabody747

Jan 1, 2022
    ok well like I said I got it ordered just not sure on arrival of it yet

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.