Question about western express out of route miles

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by SCtruckerdude, Jan 13, 2014.

1. SCtruckerdude

SCtruckerdude Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2013
    I'm considering going to western express and hear they charge the driver $1.00/ mile for out of route miles. Is this just while running a load? Would I be allowed to drive to a truckstop after I deliver a load for them without getting charged? Or do we have to sit there starving and without a bathroom/shower in consignee parking lot until we get dispatched again? Also does going to your house on home time count as out of route miles?

thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gpsman

gpsman Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2013
    45212/59759
    That would be illegal, tantamount to charging drivers to detour for good reason, like being rerouted around a crash.

MrIT Thanks this.
  4. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Rand McNalley 520 or 720 ...press route button...it will offer 2 routes...all truck routes...cant really go wrong with it...
    One you have chosen a route send msg to company confirming the route you have chosen is acceptable...
    Then hammer down ....no worries

It would be hard to get away with charging you back money if they didn't tell you which route to run in the first place

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Please post a link to this info.

6. gpsman

gpsman Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2013
    45212/59759
    It's self-evident, but:

Circumstances in Which the Employer May Make Deductions from Pay
    Deductions from pay are permissible when an exempt employee: is absent from work for one or more full days for personal reasons other than sickness or disability; for absences of one or more full days due to sickness or disability if the deduction is made in accordance with a bona fide plan, policy or practice of providing compensation for salary lost due to illness; to offset amounts employees receive as jury or witness fees, or for military pay; for penalties imposed in good faith for infractions of safety rules of major significance; or for unpaid disciplinary suspensions of one or more full days imposed in good faith for workplace conduct rule infractions.
    http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/fairpay/fs17g_salary.pdf

Please don't top-post.

7. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    watch out western express is a snake in the grass..

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Honestly, sounds like something you oughtta ask them......if you're even considering WE after 5 years of experience, I'm guessing you don't have a world class driving / employment record. No worries. Just know that WE is probably one of the least thought of companies out there.

Chece out their thread.....you'll see what I mean.

Good luck.

9. JRTBud87

JRTBud87 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Scio, Oregon
    When you start work for a new company, most likely they will have some type of an orientation. In orientation they will have you look over their company policies and procedures. I recommend you read that information very closely. Most likely they will want you to sign a form stating that you agree to the terms of their company policies and procedures. If you sign it, you just agreed to everything.

10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I disagree...if you've made it to orientation without doing your homework first, you screwed yourself 100% of the time.

11. Eroc1

Eroc1 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2014
    They will charge you a dollar a mile if you go more than 50 miles out of route.Read all the rules before you sign anything,It's not illegal if you agree to it.

gpsman and SCtruckerdude Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.