Question and suggestion about the Trucking Marketplace

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Rocks, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I see threads in that forum that initiated several years ago and the OP never posted what happened with the deal. Some sellers may have sold what they were advertising or changed the info in their thread, some buyers may have found what they were looking for but nobody ever posted what happened and the threads remain open, causing potential buyers to visit a thread when the product is no longer available. Or causing buyers not to return to a thread they have visited before for thinking they already know what it is in it.
    And if the seller needs to update the info on their thread, he/ she will have to create a new one just for that.
    IMHO that causes an increase in threads that are outdated and no longer relevant and/or the creation of new threads just for the purpose of changing the title and the info on a thread that is still open.
    I would like to suggest all threads on that forum to "expire" after a certain amount of days or weeks unless there's some communication between the OP and the site to keep it open for another "round".
    There would be a notice when someone tries to start a new thread in that forum advising them about this rule. And maybe also a notification to the OP a few days before their thread is closed and deleted telling them that if they want it to remain open, to let them know.

Would like to know what your opinions are. Thanks. :biggrin_25519:

bigguns, d o g and REO6205 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    @bullhaulerswife We'll kick this upstairs and see what happens.

bigguns, Rocks and d o g Thank this.
  4. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    If I recall correctly, we discussed doing that at one time. Ultimately, we elected not to auto-close them because some members found mentions of specific equipment through a search and wanted to ask questions of previous owners. Or were considering buying something similar, and had a few questions about dependability, efficiency, etc. We decided that allowing that discussion would be more helpful to members than closing them. Never hurts to revisit the issue, though.

bigguns, 88 Alpha and Rocks Thank this.
  5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    If someone wants to know about something they can just create an appropriate thread and ask. I believe they stand a better chance of getting the info they seek. You

d o g Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.