Question for CR England drivers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by will7370, Jul 31, 2009.

1. will7370

will7370 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    I'll be going to Salt Lake for CRE school around Sept 1st. What kind of gear comes "standard" in a non-lease, regular CRE team truck? CB Radio? GPS/Magellan/Garman/TomTom? Satellite Radio (Sirius/XM)? AM/FM/CD?

Just curious how much of my own gear I'll eventually need to pick up once I'm on a team. :biggrin_2554:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TorqueLover

TorqueLover Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Missouri
    You better do some research before you sign with CR England.

Big Duker Thanks this.
  4. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    +1...agreed.

Big Duker Thanks this.
  5. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    To answer your question: AM/FM +CD, unless they still have some ridiculously ancient truck with a cassette deck. Everything else is up to you.

6. Sabine in Mo

Sabine in Mo Medium Load Member

May 11, 2006
    Fredericktown, MO
    I believe you might want to adjust your expectations just a bit. They will provide you with a truck, all the other stuff is up to you. You will get the truck, there will be mattresses on the bunk, and you will have the AM/FM radio, either cassette or CD. While I have worked for companies that gave you more than that, they were the exception.

7. Meatskin

Meatskin Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ky
    Dont there trucks have that "bend over bar" in the sleeper ?

Big Duker Thanks this.
  8. Sabine in Mo

Sabine in Mo Medium Load Member

May 11, 2006
    Fredericktown, MO
    You got it all wrong, the bend over bar is at the terminal......

9. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Actually, they hang the spare rack on the frame for that purpose. :biggrin_25526:

If you're going to take it, you might as well really take it, right?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

10. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Sounds like you're getting a little ahead of your self. 1st you may get there and see what most do that they are a bunch of cheese eating rats who could give a rip about you. But that said, worry about getting your CDL and learning as much as possible from any good instructors you might run into there. The electronics are the least of you worries both before and after. They are nice and can save you time, but there is so much more to being a trucker than driving and blabbing on the cb. Your time management, trip planning, driving habits will determine whether or not you survive. Also your dispostion is huge. You are going to get screwed from time to time no matter who you drive for. That goes for OOps even more. You are going to have breakdowns, traffic and other things that will kill the best laid plans. You can go ballistic{which I have done on occasion} or you can take a deep breath and work out a solution to problem at hand. I don't like CRE or their treatment of drivers. But I wish you good luck where ever you go.

notarps4me Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.