question for danc694u

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by caribu, Jul 29, 2007.

1. caribu

caribu Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2007
    I tried to PM you but without the 50 posts I'm a no go. I see by your posts that your pretty happy working for W/S. I'm a few yrs older than you live in Nor Cal. Took last 11 yrs out of trucking after driving for 20 yrs. i apprecite any comments and advice. I have already started a thread in this forum.. Thanks Rick

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Well, just from glancing at your other thread. We have a lot in common. Age, the fact we both left for awhile and come back, and the big $$$ mistake we made of letting our CDL lapse, or failing to renew, and neither of us have a huge need for a lot of money.

I've heard good things and bad things about Interstate. But, I've never worked for them. So my opinion on them, is mute.

I'll tell you like I told another on this board. I like W&S, and they treat me right, and I make good money. But, my needs are based on my preferances. While they make/keep me happy here. They may make the next 100 new hires miserable.

From your position, you'll most likely have to go out with a trainer at any company. W&S will allow you to skip that for the most part...just do the 10 day thing.

I spent 14 days bored &^%$ while waiting for classroom time to tick by, so I could get the paper, and use the schools truck to test out, Then, I spent 30 days in hell, teaching "my" trainer. He was an alright guy, he was just clueless about some aspects of driving a truck. IE How to cross the border without PARS or PAPS. How to downshift on a steep grade. How to LOG, of all things. And a few other choice items.

I'll send ya a pm...look for it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.