question for the mens club

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by LoudOne, Mar 5, 2017.

1. LoudOne

LoudOne Medium Load Member

OK guys I have a question for the men's club. As those in this part of forum know I've got plenty of experience driving rigs y'all don't even have here. I've carted everything from insulation to fuel to millions of dollars of mobile phones to heavy haulage to extreme heavy haulage with 4-7 44ft trailers running tri drive upwards of 500,000 pounds ( flatbed, curtainside and side tipper).

I'm 40 years old and I've been driving since I was 12.

So here's my question. I've got an offer on the table from Schneider on a dedicated account on salary (65k) minimum. Also a small outfit but there insurance company hasn't gotten back to them.

I'm far from a window licking door slammer, I don't really want to go backwards but every company I've spoken to doesn't want to recognise over 20 years of experience. They all tell me get 6 months here in the US and learn to drive. Seriously? How many of their window lickers can back a single around a 90 degree corner into a finger dock let alone a Bdouble?

Anyone got any other options or idea before I HAVE to go join the window door slammers?

Oxbow, rank, Shock Therapy and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    I walked to school when I was 12, it was four miles, uphill both ways too, does that count?

4. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    In 2 feet of snow, and fighting off bears with a lose leaf notebook...

5. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    as long as its not FAMILY DOLLAR TREE GENERAL that doesn't sound like a bad gig

6. ASmallFleetDriver

ASmallFleetDriver Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016
    ChicagoLand
    I'm confused- What does this have to do with a 'Mens club' xD?

7. LoudOne

Because men DRIVE trucks. Not slam doors....

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If it is a hard salary without mileage ups and downs, I say take it. That way it does NOT matter if you had a 5000 mile week or a 200 mile week. You can focus on being good.

We dont have the road trains like those in Australia, Ive always advocated them.I hope that you do not get bored hauling one ordinary trailer back and forth for rest of your life.

In America people who are rookies have to survive 6 months with someone. Major Carriers essentially had trucking schools and turned over a collective half million trained students good and bad since the 80's until the early 90's They realized the top Carriers saw the student trained at great expense and that one goes to join someone else entirely. So they closed the schools. So that eliminated a source of drivers Nationwide and that fell to the few schools remaining.

Rookies literally have to survive without hitting anyone or doing preventable damage in trucking today. It is frightful to me to see people fired for minor stuff and then written up in DAC to where they are lost to the industry for years. (I was one of them believe it or not... took me three years running wild cat paving dump truck to get back on and half the stuff happened with that has already gone to the grave with the few people involved in it who passed on.)

You need to purchase a dash cam before you get into a American 18 wheeler. The traffic here will cut you with aggressiveness and so on essentially a predatory dare for you to hit them so they can sit home forever with millions in settlement. It's a scam of many.

America is not all bad. Just be careful out there.

Loose Leaf, Lepton1 and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  9. skootertrashr6

skootertrashr6 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Pueblo, Co
    Did you move here permanently or temporarily? Where are you based out of now?

10. LoudOne

Brought mine with me.

Permanent mate with greencard, my wife is a US citizen we thought I was better off coming here. ATM I live in Jersey between 295 and 130. I'm about 10 minutes from Bristol PA. But she knows and understands I could be away 3-4 if not more weeks at a time.

Lepton1, Crude Truckin', Oxbow and 2 others Thank this.
  11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Question: if you have to go to a mega like Schneider to get your foot in the door, what would be your5 year plan?

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.