Question for you broker guys.....

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by rank, Dec 20, 2012.

1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I hope you have more than 1 trailer and no payments on it. Perhaps one day the receiver will tell you, oh, we don't want it at all now. Perhaps on a time sensitive shipment, say a setup for a stage for a concert that is supposed to happen. If it angers you that much, why do you take the low road and want to hold it hostage? Here's an idea - if you provide excellent service, and just deliver it as quickly as you can, get it OFF your truck, customers are happy, you will most up on their call list. Maybe you can negotiate more next time? If you go around holding loads they will not call you again.It is all negotiated as an all in rate. Most times the brokers bid their freight like this from the shipper also. Maybe if you ask them, they will break it down into linehaul + possible detention time but it still equals the same dollar amount for the load. You have been trucking 10 years and are just now learning that often truckers don't get squat for detention?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    If you don't value your time nobody else will.

4. Homebrew

Homebrew Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Shenandoah, Tx
    You can't lump all broker/agents together. I drove for 25 years and have been an agent for 5 months now. Yes, there are some shady agents, just as there are some very good and decent ones. I would like to think I fall into the latter, I don't ever try to take advantage of a driver, but work within the fair parameters of my agency. There are idiot drivers out there too, just as there are very professional and decent drivers. I understand your frustration but you have to weed out the agents that do not treat you fairly and keep a list of the ones that do.

Asphalt Anarchist Thanks this.
  5. dgc

dgc Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2012
    miami, fl

I dont go around holding loads hostage, for the most part i deal with the same few brokers, and when they tell me they will pay me detention, i go and drop the load without any issues.. For instance Mike from coyote told me he would get me detention for two hours that they held me up back in November. That was over a month ago, he called me on 12/24 and gave me a comcheck for 255.00 . Megacorp is another one that says they are going to pay me detention and i will sit around hapilly waiting for the customer.

Its not taking the low road, its getting whats rightfully owed to me, if you want to sit around with your truck full, for hours or days and not get detention, and then go back, and work for them some more, more power to you. Everyone can run their business however they want

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.