Question

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by XiZBiT, Feb 5, 2010.

1. XiZBiT

XiZBiT Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Detroit
    Where does a new carrier find expidited freight?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dmag

dmag Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2009
    charlotte,nc
    You would find expedited freight the same place you find regular freight. Expedited freight is just freight that has to be delivered fast. So far this week I have delivered 10,000 pounds of paint, three skids of magazines, 11,000 pounds auto-parts and today I'm picking up 2000 pounds for Whirlpool.

As far as a new carrier starting up I would say find two or three good brokers (I know that's an oxymoron) and work with them. When I was running on my own I have one broker that I worked with a lot she started out low but I was able to get her rates up for me after a couple of runs.

4. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    BROKE-rs. hehehe. What an ironic name.

5. boomguy

boomguy Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2010
    newberg,oregon
    Does anyone use computerized log books and do you recommend a software.

6. boomguy

boomguy Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2010
    newberg,oregon
    Looking for aelectronic log book

7. Kristolf

Kristolf Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2010
    London, OH
    I've used Drivers Daily Log for a couple years, now, and like it very much. Works great with a co-driver, too, as it will let you know if you have potential 'team violations'. You can set it up to show your co-driver's graph to shadow yours, and editing is a breeze. There are a multitude of downloadable "print modules", so you can choose what format of printed log you want, as well as inspection reports. They have some that are even tailored to specific companies. You can get a 90 day free trial, after which time it will quit letting you add data, or do a 1-time purchase (about $100 US). It's worth it. I tried Trucker's Helper before that, and had too many problems with it.
    Go to: http://www.driversdailylog.com/ and get the trial version. It works with all the features as the "full version". There's a lot to read, there, and it's all worth reading. Including articles on the legal aspects. Don't forget to separately download whatever print modules you want to try... There is no extra fee for those, so feel free to experiment. Feel free to contact me if you want more info. Drive Safe!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.