questionable driving record

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by b-Rabbit, May 2, 2007.

1. b-Rabbit

b-Rabbit Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2007
    hey drivers

I have a buddy who went to driving school and did really well and drives like a champ. He has his CDL and wants to go OTR but he has 4 speeding tickets in the last 3 years....i know i know- the school should have said something when he applied right? I think so too but that is another thread....anyway, this guy is working in a warehouse now and waiting till 2008 before applying and i think its a real shame...does anyone have any advice i can give him? I passed on one job post i saw which said "no more than 4 in 3 years" but this was the only one i ever saw.....does anyone have any advice or know any companies? like i saud the guy is a really good driver and its a shame that schools just want the money and dont tell people before hand.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I do not know any, but I will pm you someone that he can try. I do not want to give false hope so please just have him call and tell the guy the truth. Honesty is the best factor on both parties:yes2557:

4. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    well i got some even more bad news for your "buddy"...............

if he ain't driving right now, he can figure on going back to school, maybe for free, maybe for a fee to get a refresher course. NO ONE will hire him now because of his tickets, right....??

NO ONE will hire him several months from now when the "clean up date" arrives either.........because he would be like anybody else, and that's uneducated in driving a truck. he'll need to "start over again"........

he would be lucky to land a CDL B driving job, maybe an outside chance of a CDL A driving job now, but those chances are slim to none.........

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.