Questionable flatbed pay

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Graymist, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Graymist

Graymist Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2007
    An OH-based flatbed outfit that I was recently in touch with, said that they pay 34cpm for loaded miles, and 17 cpm ( no, that's not a typo ) for empty miles. Also, no days off on national holidays for the first year. And they're a union outfit !!!!

Is this standard industry practice ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    A union would never bang any body.

Or thats what we've been told by the union supporters.

4. igotyou

igotyou Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2010
    :biggrin_2554: your getting straight screwed if you take this deal

5. tk40176

tk40176 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    On the brighter side..........At least they told you up front, what to expect from them, if you decide to go into their employment or would you rather they withhold that bit of information so you can berate them at a later time.

already gone Thanks this.
  6. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    which outfit, and did you ask if they plan on unloading/reloading at a lot of the same points? is that top scale or just starting out? whats the bennies like?

7. grimesjm1

grimesjm1 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Kensington,OH
    its not that unreasonable for a starter company. at least your getting something for dh

already gone Thanks this.
  8. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    In the words of a famous heavy metal song, "Run to the hills, Run for your life"!

9. already gone

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    starting out? hah, this sounds F'N great for a starting out job? I started for a quarter a mile for werner almost 5 years ago, and i was lucky to get home once a month!! and the bennies sucked and were expensive!

this has to be starting rate, whats top rate for experienced drivers there? 40 loaded, 20 mt? whats the hometime, every weekend and once during the week? dedicated runs?

10. Graymist

Graymist Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Sent you a PM

11. already gone

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    hell, that isnt that bad, they pay for your bennies too dont they, and into the pension? and you get home every weekend and once during the week? if i was new i would be waiting in line for that job because it sure beats the other screw job starter company! you think swift or us express gets you home that much, or pays for your benefits?

ps, i dont see those trucks running empty much, so i wouldn't worry about it either. I drive for a similar company, and when you run flatbed mainly in one material(theirs is steel hauling), you don't sit as much. I know if i sit 3 hours, thats one hell of a long time to sit, and its only happened like once or twice in a year.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.