questions about older trucks

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by luisrolon, Nov 12, 2013.

1. luisrolon

luisrolon Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    richmond va
    well my question is how much longer do you think youll be able to drive older trucks(pre egr motors)?? i know about cali and south Carolina and Savannah with the ports with there retro fit filter n clean idle stuff but as far as regular otr stuff like dry van or flatbed do you see any issue popping up soon? im asking because i have an older truck and i was gonna get my engine rebuilt next year but not sure if thats a good idea esp with all this clean idle bs stuff going on..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rockyroad74

rockyroad74 Heavy Load Member

No. Go rebuild it.

Cetane+ Thanks this.
  4. fld

fld Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2012
    I agree. Do it.

5. G3Truks

G3Truks Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    rebuild the motor....

6. MrMatt

MrMatt Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    rebuild it. if you don't go to the ports or cali. then there won't be a problem. in the future about 5 years from now. the emission will be a nationwide thing. so you should be able to get 5 years out of the rebuild. by then you should be able to get a emission truck.

7. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    if the truck is otherwise in good condition then rebiuld, even if the rest of the country decides it wants to do what cali did it will take several years before anything is mandated with all the processes it goes threw then after passed it will take a few more years to be implemented ect. so basically what im saying is if they were to decide they wanted to change everything tomorrow you'd still have time to get your moneys worth out of a rebuild.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.