Questions About Sharp Transportation/Aldi Foods

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Whyte Trashe, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    Hi drivers;
    I am thinking about applying for a driver position at Sharp Transportation in Salisbury, N.C.
    They are a carrier that is contracted through Aldi Foods to deliver Aldi’s groceries.
    I think Sharp delivers all of Aldi’s items throughout the entire store chain.
    Anyway, does anybody have any information regarding pay/benefits/workload/ and what it’s like to work for Sharp?
    Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    aldi uses a couple different carriers most of the dcs use black horse.

Whyte Trashe Thanks this.
  4. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    Good to know; if Aldi were to find a different carrier, then Sharp Transportation could lose the account and all the drivers could be out of a job.
    I suppose if that were to happen, then it might be possible for all the former Sharp drivers to get ‘grandfathered’ into a new company while doing the same work; all at lower wages most likely.
    After having experienced the ‘crash of 08’, I’ve experienced firsthand how the above could be a very real possibility.

5. 76kevino76

76kevino76 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2018
    sorry for this book I'm going to write but I hope this helps anyo e reading about the Aldi/sharp.
    Not really sure about the benefits tbh. I did work for sharp for about 2 months. It's easy work in terms of labor. BUUT you will earn your money! Look to work 12 plus hours a day especially when you first start. The reason for the long hours is you are responsible for loading and unloading your truck. On a typical day you'll come in get your load assignment hook up, back to a dock and load your trailer starting with freezer products which you will need to cover. Then any cold foods and then your dry foods. Make sure your temp of the trailer is good check with guard b4 you leave for your store keys and you hit the road. You go to the store back to the dock unload with electric pallet jack. Load up empty crates/pallets. Once youre done you come back to unload those empties and you may or may not have another store or group of stores. Drivers normally have either 2 to 3 sometimes 4 stores a day/night it depends on how much each store orders. Overall the job is easy but you are paid by the load and until you learn how to properly load your truck to where you are not wasting product as you are driving it may be tough but for some ppl they get used to it and make the best of it for me once I wasted one of those egg crates (which was my fault bc I didn't protect it good) it turned me off lol it took me 3 hours to clean up all those eggs at 1 store! Lol also too if you have damages they will charge you for it! If you leave crates and pallets you will also be charged! At night time when the store is closed you will need to put the store code in to enter in and out of the store if you fail to do so the police will be there. I set off an alarm once and had to leave bc I. Could not get a hold of anyone to figure out how to cut it off lol I had some terrible experiences personally but I would go back if I had to. Also too if you worked a 6th day you got $100 on top of your route pay. You can make decent money there but you will need to Hussle hard to get it. Not the worst place to work but not cream of the crop either. Just my 2cents on the job

basedinMN_ and motocross25 Thank this.
  6. Awilliams27

Awilliams27 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2019
    How much did you make a week on average?

7. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    In my area they’re offering $1500 per week salary. Benefits are so-so. The job is about what was previously posted, except for getting charged for stuff. I did it for 2.5 yrs six days a week. I was burned out. Overall not a bad job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.