Questions about TMC Training

Discussion in 'TMC' started by cdr, Feb 26, 2007.

1. cdr

cdr Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2007
    west va.
    hey guys! just started training with tmc today. so far so good. i keep you posted on how it is. so far everything they said has been true. keep me in your prayers.:smt026

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    good luck man, you'll be just fine.............

4. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    Congrats, enjoy yourself.

A couple of Pointers:

1) Keep off the grass (actually you can't find the grass under the snow, or at least you couldn't last monday when I was there.) :lol:
    2) Be prepared to " Forget everything you learned before, do it this way" Several times over the next 8 weeks. Each person you learn from will have something different to say. I suggest you listen to whoever is watching you at the moment. :lol: When you are on your own do it however you feel is the best and safest way.
    3) Take notes on load securement, pictures are even better. Someday you may want to look back at that.
    4)Pay attention, and don't be LATE. If you oversleep you will get a phone call on speakerphone from the classroom. :lol:
    5) Don't let a trainer make you do anything you aren't comfortable with.

Study hard, and don't do anything stupid. Good luck.

5. cdr

cdr Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2007
    west va.
    thanks rawlco! i'll give it my best shot. b.t.w., i'm in s.c. and it is 70 degrees. How cool is that! when i left home it was 21 degrees. well anyway, thanks for the input.:headbang:

6. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Well folks I head out to meet my trainer today and we are getting out on the road at 1330. I got home from orientation about 36 hours ago so this seems probably par for the course. Not sure where we are going yet but I believe he is already loaded. I've got a nasty cold as does just about every other meatsicle that was riding in the hearse to and from classes every day in Des Moines. Trainer says no problem come on down so here I go. I'll post tonight when we are pulled over.

7. mDub

mDub Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Mooreville, MS
    good luck, keep us updated

8. Miles_Of_Truckin

Miles_Of_Truckin Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2008
    MD
  9. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey
    Good luck dude. Hope you and your trainer get along, I heard horror stories on here about bad ones. Mine is cool and we get along fine. Just wish he didn't live 200 miles away but only 2 week to go.

10. cplmac2

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Training day 1 in the books.

Met with my trainer about 1330 yesterday. The drive was 186 miles although TMC told me it was 149, I hope that is not how they estimate mileage on all of their loads. My trainer and I seem to get along well so far and we made a quick 440 mile hop from his place to the consignee area. Unfortunately I did the quick walk around this morning and noticed we had a blown tire on the trailer. We are sitting at the TA waiting on the road repair orders to come down, looks like we are probably going to be late delivering the load which sucks because we left last night in order to get here plenty early. Blah, anyhow I'll keep you posted.

11. cplmac2

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Okay well we got the tire fixed the following morning, but the next day it was low again. I think the auto inflation system is crapping out and we had it in the shop again today in West Memphis. We delivered the first load in Wichita (aluminum sheets and coils) then headed up to Larned KS to pick up a load of hay for AL, we are currently sitting in a truckstop about a half hour from our consignee. We'll be delivering first thing in the morning. I've got about 1100 miles in so far and everything is going smoothly. Good trainer and lots of wheel time so no complaints. We have a load lined up already for tomorrow so hopefully we will stay rolling. Been having problems with the laptop charger in the truck so getting on has been an issue. The Verizon aircard has given me service everywhere I've needed it, even in the middle of nowhere AL like now. Can't wait for training to be over, these trucks are meant for one person not two. Five weeks of cramped quarters is gonna suck, they definitely don't my trainer enough or me for that matter. Supposedly I need 10,000 miles so if I stay this busy maybe I can get out of here in less than the 5 weeks they want.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.