Questions I searched for but didn't find an answer to.

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by VcElder, Jun 17, 2015.

1. VcElder

VcElder Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Hello!

A good bud and I met up at the company we work for and are considering going teams. We both have roughly 7 months of experience, our medical qualification cards and clean CDL A licenses. We both have time and resources to acquire our Hazmat/Tanker Endorsements as needed.

- What is the dynamic between dispatcher/planner/CSR?
    At the company I worked for, the csr coordinates the time of delivery, the planner actually plans the trips and the dispatcher does operations of the trip/repowers etc. At the previous company I was with, this lead to miscommunication or even not communicated delivery times and messed with my schedule and freight lane management . At Xpress, what is the infrastructure? Letting weekend dispatch touch anything is always a no no but how competent are the dispatch/operations staff?

- Teams at Team Max, company driver, eligibility

First, there may be an issue with the fact that I am from NYC and he is from Missouri. I appreciate that teams typically need to be from the same home town in order to manage home time. If one person takes home time, the truck shuts down. I suppose I am willing to "relocate" if necessary however in 7 months I went on home time once and frankly, it wasn't thrilling. I should have went to Vegas. I am open to allowing my team mate's home time dictate when I take home time and it will be in Missouri. (My team mate has a wife and kids). Can the company work with me on this or will they need my license and residence say I live in Missouri?

Second, I read that its better to run dedicated at USXPRESS for various reasons. I am also interested in Team MAX. I have sampled the leasing program and I liked it. (thinking in terms of hours instead of miles, managing fuel and expenses etc. I was decent at it getting better..I didn't continue with it because I went to live in a monasteryfor two months.Trucking sort of inspired some questions I needed answered .) What are the eligibility requirements for TEAM Max. Would anyone care to comment on the difference between TEAM Max and Company side (as a dedicated route)?

Thank you everyone for your time and consideration.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AlexFromMD

AlexFromMD Light Load Member

May 18, 2015
    I'm also interested in knowing more about Team Max. Seems to be somewhat of a mystery.

4. VcElder

VcElder Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
  5. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nw Arkansas
    wrong thread.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  6. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Say what ? Please explain

D33RHUNT3R Thanks this.
  7. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nw Arkansas
    ooops !!! wrong thread lol its con-way sorry

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.