Questions on Trucking from an author

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by RileyL, Jul 30, 2018.

1. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Well is it a female or male driver? I'd like to know.
    It could be an O/O or a company driver. however there is a company by that name already so be ready with the disclaimers
    The route probably has been traveled more that you can shake a stick at so it make since.
    Where is the driver going from Connecticut? What kind of truck and trailer? So many questions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    At this time I can neither confirm or deny this post.
    Nor can I offer any further comments on previous posts.
    Once all the facts have been collected and thoroughly reviewed. A report will be made available to the media concerning the staffs position on the subject.
    Until then, thank you for your interest.

4. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Ok then good luck with that book.

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The driver doesn’t like Maine for some later to be disclosed reason. Seems a bit edgy can’t wait to get the hell out of Maine. Just as he’s about to the State Line ready to sigh with relief the supposed to be closed scale is wide open.They shut him down for a cracked brake shoe on steer axle. They inform him he must move his truck out of scale.He has truck towed across state line to T/A............... Thets a true story told by the o/o I talked to after seeing his truck come in on the hook

bigguns Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Cruise Missiles are capable of being transported and fired from semi trucks no problem.

The big gotcha is getting a hold of one. A Author writing about those things in some of the military fiction I have read over the years usually has managed to seek the counsel of a military person within a office that does a little bit of public contacting for information for your learning. Nothing classified mind you. But you could learn a little bit about a weapons system, maybe even storage and so on. It would require a little bit of suspension of belief from real life things (Think Stripes, the old Movie from the 80's... there is a whole lot suspended to make that little fantasy escape work)

You would not even need a full scale tomahawk or similar missile. You could go off road a little ways in either Fort Sill or El Paso where we teach and shoot fires (Artillery) and get ahold of a Atacms which will do very well once you light the #### thing and get out of the way.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I had picked up a load of water at Castle in the clouds In Moultonborough NH. Very cool beautiful place with a steep dirt road access. Would make a great location if it were a movie.They had a tour bus and it overlooks a lake. Been at least 10 yrs ago but memorable.

8. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I still want a remote control mini anti- tank gun for my hood ornament.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  9. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    He had a load of spuds on when he passed me. @Ruthless will know where he is delivering in CT.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  10. frizzbees

frizzbees Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2018
    This has got to be the funniest thread I've ever read!!
    You people are absolutely hilarious!! :D

11. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    OMG that HURT! Coffee everywhere! LMAO!

frizzbees Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.