Quit buying toilet paper now and stock up on this.......

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Preemptively treat yourself at home for COVID-19 by stocking up on IV's.
    What an excellent way to heal; a Cuban cigar and a good IV.
    ~
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    For the distinct possibility you may develop a case of the Smirns. :drunken:

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Sorry, but if I'm adding the alcohol in via IV, I'm not going to waste the good stuff. I'll do it with the basement brewed lacquer thinner. :)

Motto, Snailexpress and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

That Jack Honey....it's good on a cold day/night/cold room. Wife got me a little bottle over the holidays. Finally got around to opening it while enjoying a fire outside..if you've had mead, that what is reminds me of. It's enjoyable. I couldn't drink it everyday, as it is rather sweeter then I like, but it's something I'd keep on the shelf an enjoy periodically.

Tried the Apple one. It wasn't bad but again much to sweet for me. Of the two I liked the honey the best.

Good Whiskey, A good cigar, an bad women...sign me up.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Never cry over spilt milk. It could've been whiskey. - Maverick

6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    If you really want a bad woman, I'll give you the number of an ex gf of mine. Spent all of her free time dancing and drinking on Friday night while I was at work.

She's a keeper.

Don't you love her madly? Want to meet her daddy? - J. Morrison

7. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Do alcoholism and truck driving really go together??
    [​IMG]

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It did at one time we made it work.

A trainer bobtails me to a liquor shop and tells me to learn how to drink a certain amount every hour on bad roads. The truck had no suspension to speak of and seats were bolted directly to the floor when driving it etc.

Just enough to take away the pain of the bad roads before PA finally started replacing the I-78 and I-81 in that time period. And Connecticut was on bare dirt and replaced new bridges on some of their routes until their roads were replaced as well.

Drinking slowly all the day or night while rolling. A form of pain medicine.

It would not be tolerated today, thats for certain.

Regarding the pleasures of drink, cigars and women via the OP etc its not a bad idea but not something I want to get into every day. I don't do well in hospitals. In the past they hooked a IV until you quit complaining and then left you alone for three days. Then kicked you out as soon you cleared up enough.

My last hospital stay consisted of being awakened every 3 hours or so by nurses who insist on checking everything and barely enough medicine to matter. There is no point. I spent about 4 days with no sleep. I had to go home and sleep a week, day and night to get caught up on that sleep bill. It was crazy.

IV medicnes WORK for that reason, but pills do not. I think they were handing me like 30 mg (Two pills 15 mg each) of Oxycodone 6 times daily for 4 days and stopped on the 5th. They had to call a special use of medicines to regain control of my body when I had DT's on day 5. If you are going to do anymore work on me in there, get the IV out hook it up and go away. Leave me be for a couple of days. I'll be fine. Its not like i am going anywhere lol.

I did add Oxy, Dila, Fent to the list of allergies. The doctors don't want to hear it because out of 16 medicines availible, those three paints the doc to either Morphine or Norco which is not strong enough and towards Demerol which works really well, but too well on some and discouraged by the CDC. The rest of the medicines are reserved for hospice. So that introduces a new problem. Never enough medicine for the job at hand. Dila was incredible. Poof. What pain. Let's get out of here. Oh no. you stay put. But 5 hours later it hits you really bad.

Enter the liqour store and a few bottles of this that and something else plus a box of cigars. Leave me alone for afew days until I quit being mean and nasty. Once i get sociable then we can deal with the problems.

In the old days in Maryland we had a cider farm. They make the apple cider in front of everyone at the barn. Then sell it by the gallon.

Take it home and enjoy it in season. Its really good cider.

However. Two gallons is usually stored in the bottom of the fridge marked special. After about a month of fermentation it becomes truly a blessing against the ows of work. Store bought cider is over processed and cannot ferment. That is one of the few things I missed about the east coast from those days.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  9. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Mega's freshly graduate drivers makes road to scary to drive sober.

10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    hey I am GONNA resemble that remark. lol

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Yessir,If anyone brought any Honey Jack to a party, everybody became your best friend! LMAO

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.