Quitting Superior and Trucking.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by ethos, Jul 17, 2018.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Well, today I am no longer a trucker. Just got of the phone with my terminal manager and I will be cleaning out the truck for the final time today. It is a weird feeling, this has been my life for so long. I might not be out of the truck permanently though, my terminal manger graciously offered me a part time position that I might take.

That brings me to another topic. Superior Carriers is the best trucking company I ever pulled for. Actually, let me qualify that. Superior Carriers, Pasadena is the best one. I can't speak for other terminals but I have never had a company that offered me more flexibility, or better freight options than them. If I needed off, no questions, I was off. If you want to pull a tank, I don't think you can do much better than Superior. I wish I had been with them for my entire career. I thank everyone associated with them and especially @wsyrob for convincing me to switch over. Thank you my friend, it was well worth it.

So what is next for me? Well, I am going to be a middle school history teacher. Some of you may have know that I completed my degree on the road. I have not been idle since then. I started a teaching program and this is the end result. I do plan on going back to school for my Masters degree next year. So, for now at least, I am no longer a trucker.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    wow nice work completing your college degree! best of luck with the new career, just remember middle school kids can be little ######## so don't let them get to you!

randypinenc, Slim51, Woodys and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    You'll always be a trucker, it don't wash off after you've done it so long, but now you're a lot more. Shaping the minds and future of the next generation is a heavy responsibility. I believe you will do very well.

5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Do the world a favor and teach those kids that driving truck isn't something that's only for losers and morons would you?

6. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Amen.

The tell them to get a good education. Be nice to be able to have a real conversation once in awhile.

7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Just remember to keep the road language on the road or you'll get some unhappy parents. Good luck with the new journey.

joshuapowell61, homeskillet and ethos Thank this.
  8. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Good luck on your new future
    Just remember to conceal carry
    You could be a hero in not only teaching

ChicagoJohn, kurbski, Mike2633 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I feel like a slacker. I didn't see how to continue college while OTR.

Good job on completing a degree.

Mike2633 and ethos Thank this.
  10. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Hell yeah, Buddy! You're one of the reasons I chose tanking and I'll be forever grateful! I'm proud of you and absolutely thrilled that you got your degree and found a way out. I wish you nothing but success. Superior may be in my future.

meechyaboy, ethos and Just passing by Thank this.
  11. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    Congratulations and best of Luck!

ethos Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.