R&L or Dayton Freight?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by TinMan89, Jun 15, 2018.

Where would you go?

1. R&L

14.3%
  2. Dayton Freight

88.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TinMan89

TinMan89 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2014
    FTW
    Thanks for all the replies fellas, I get started with my week long training starting this Thursday at 8:30pm. Pretty excited to get this going and get out on my own. I honestly can’t believe how quick the process went from applying to start date (1 week and 1 day).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Where?

It wasn’t in this thread.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What better way to shaft a driver, or just the ones not on the “favorites” list, by keeping them in the dark. :rolleyes:

5. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I saw somewhere they hired a guy that ruined Yellow, that was enough for me. That and the vacation spots thing.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    R&L was recently advertising sleeper positions on Facebook. It showed up on my timeline a few times. They were claiming $2k a week.

7. TinMan89

TinMan89 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2014
    FTW
    Yeah, they have been advertising on Indeed also claiming $2000+ a week also. My buddy called about doing it and it really didn’t seem like a bad gig, just something didn’t feel right when Interviewed. It just feels like one of those companies that wants a warm body and that’s it.

8. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    2000 a week would be easily do able from what they are paying us to do them ( landstar ) the Norwalk terminal is about 10 miles from my house and I get tired of those guys pulling out in front of me and then turning on to 601 next store ... I guess being next to the drag strip gets em all fired up

9. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    I have a buddy out of Norwalk yard. He runs night line haul. He clears around 1000 usually runs 2 Youngstown’s turns a night.

My other buddy at Dayton Evansville is p&d and only can get about 45 hours a week. Linehaul gonna take a few years to get looks like for him.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  10. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I was fortunate to only work 1 year in the city before getting a linehaul spot, but some people are hired from the street when nobody jumps from the city. There were 3 guys hired from the street under me because around 35 city guys passed on it. Then again, some people interested in linehaul spend many many years in the city before they can jump over. It all depends.

One reason it's harder is that we're a smaller regional company so most terminals have much smaller rosters than the big nationwide companies do in the same city. But considering our growth, it is getting much easier to get some guys under you at Dayton these days.

11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    There is another R&L thread where that info is available. Linehaul runs pay a flat rate that covers everything, mileage, hooks, fueling etc. It was a husband and wife team, cant remember the thread title. Pretty sure it was in the favorite companies to work for sub-forum.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.