R&L or Dayton Freight?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by TinMan89, Jun 15, 2018.

Where would you go?

1. R&L

14.3%
  2. Dayton Freight

88.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Those Bose seats are overrated, IMO. Last one I sat in, the back wouldn’t adjust. I can’t drive like I’m sitting in some recliner.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    ....Also known as Central Transport. :eek:

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    ok, been a month. whatcha think so far?

5. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Did you go with Dayton or R&L?

6. TinMan89

TinMan89 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2014
    FTW
    I have been loving it over here at Dayton. I’m making better money than I thought I would honestly. It’s definitely a lot more laid back over here, which is super nice. Also I’m not getting dirty slinging hoses, standing out in the rain, or sweating my butt off out in the heat which is another big plus lol

I’m not complaining at all and pretty sure I’ll be really happy over here. I know there will be bad weeks but it will be ok. I really think I should have made the switch along time ago, I will say that much. It’s pretty easy money!

brtecson, Buckeye91 and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  7. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Been teaming with R+L for 4 years with my wife. We gross 1900 week each with 2 full days off. Dont know who told you no days off for a year. We got 7 paid holidays and 3 personal days 1st year. They are so laid back here We also get free vacations at our resorts. Benefits are great as well.

Nathanos and CorsairFanboy Thank this.
  8. TinMan89

TinMan89 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2014
    FTW
    The no days off came directly from the terminal managers mouth. He said he could work with me if I needed a day off in the mean time until I started accruing time off. Either way, no biggie, I’m currently enjoying my time over here at Dayton. If things was to go bad over here or anything like that, R&L doesn’t sound to bad and I wouldn’t be scared to try them out.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  9. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    one of the problems here is misinformed terminal managers. I complained to the team manager in Wilmington about it. We were told things when we hired on from the terminal managed that was completely far from the things we were told from the team manager when we 1st called. Our TM told us the pay was half of what we were told on the phone. So we both got up and left. Wilmington team manager called my cell and said the TM was misinformed so we went back. He apologized and put us on a conference call with HR in Wilmington. They walked us through the pay and benefits. They need to get all their facts out to the TMs. But I'm so glad we got it straight. We will retire here.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  10. 9lives

9lives Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2019
    who was the tanker company.

11. 9lives

9lives Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2019
    who do you work for?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.