R. L. Smith Trucking Wentzville, Mo. AKA. LINRIK trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by madboyscout, Oct 18, 2013.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You really have to have it in your blood if you wanna make trucking a success.Some aren't cut out for this profession and I don't blame them.They soon find out trucking is nothing like they thought and want out.Nothing wrong with that.My 11 yrs only got fired from 1 company and ultimately won at the end.My first 2 yrs though was hell but stuck with it.I know what you mean about spending too long at the pump.My boyfriend does the same thing and he knows im sitting at the yard waiting for the trk.Hes getting better at not taking so long.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dualdisk

dualdisk Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Hey there Beagle: I was leased to RL back in 92-93 when he hd his yard and shop behind Peterbilt in OFallon. Like you never had a problem getting miles. Richard had me on a steady run of hauling Swiss American to Brookshire in Tyler Texas,, the the Wal Mart Distribution Center Temple Texas, then either run down to the valley, or Houston to load mexican food,ham, or go to Galveston to haul banannas

4. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Anyone have current info on this company? Considering talking to them. How is the equipment? Governed speed, paper or e-logs, routes? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

5. Flip_Flop

Flip_Flop Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2016
    St Louis
    I wish there was something more up to date about this company. I spoke with this Eric at this company today. I was quoted a pay rate of .45 cpm and home every 4-5 days. The truck I would be driving is 2013 Pete governed @ 67 mph. I want to find a company that I could call home.

6. Flip_Flop

Flip_Flop Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2016
    St Louis
    I talked with this company today. They said they primarily run South and east Texas.

7. dualdisk

dualdisk Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2013

8. Rocketman2018

Rocketman2018 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2020
    What boyscout said is exactly true. Exactly. He nailed it. The supportive posts are not real...that is the owners kid, or one of the family friends who drives off and on.

Remember, the first rule, It's a family operation and you 'ain't family. They detest drivers, all of them. They actually look down on you. All snake oil salesman. 1 or 2 drivers have been there off and for a few years, the other part-timers work about 2000-2400 miles in 8 or 9 days, and 500 miles the next in 5 days, no dispatch, no fuel card, horrible drop pay, they run blind loads and break seals continually and you are responsible as driver, - they run live refrigerated and dry loads, and there are hours and hours of unpaid detention and zero miles while you sit. All these things are promised when you sign up, but no, just sporadic attempts at best. This is all a "cowboy" bait and switch operation. HOS rules will not be followed...if you demand following DOT regs, you will get crap loads and they will attempt to hurt your Driving record guaranteed. They will crap on you after you leave with anyone who calls. The .55c/mile is a bait and switch also, its actially 10% less, and nearly zero detention....DOT will figure out what they are doing someday (after a serious fatal accident review and shut them down) and I didn't want to go to jail or lose my license for money, or trying to please the boss to get better loads, these are not good people at all. And 100% they are not going to back their drivers..no frickin way. Drivers, you are going to get thrown under the bus if something goes wrong.
    Typical small time 6 or 7 truck operation, 2 or 3 drivers get miles, and you aren't one of them. 4 or 5 other drivers on a constant "hire and fire" or "hire and quit" rotation to cover seasonal stuff. Even 2 of the 3 steady drivers when I was there were trying to leave in 2018, and only 2 of those are still there. Boyscout posted years ago, I was there in 2018...still exactly the same experience, and I talked with one of their drivers at Springfield, Mo. last month and all is still exactly the same in 2020. Thats why I posted this. I got angry all over again, should have done it sooner, we owe each other that. The 2020 driver said he was leaving asap, 1st job that pops up. You have been warned, it's your license and reputation. Do not work for RL Smith or Linrik Trucking.
    RT

TB John Thanks this.
  9. Rocketman2018

Rocketman2018 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Madboyscout...

The approx 2200 miles a week burning your time (not a week, its 2200+ in 9 days) is because you load on Friday, the load then sits until Sunday night in the reefer or until early, early Monday (34 hr reset) when you run it to OKC or Dallas, or Shreveport, or Tulsa for delivery. You probably unload Tues A.m. after sitting overnight, then grab a 140 mile jumper load to Austin or Shreveport, or if your lucky Houston. Another 150 mile jumper load delivers on Thursday. (No decent miles still) now you got less than 1000 miles ran since last friday when you loaded, (6 days before) so you run down to the Valley and spend all day friday, getting loaded with produce at 5 or 6 different food warehouses, (and maybe also Sat a.m.) and then saturday u drive back as far as you can, finish the run on Sunday in STL....sit Sunday night at a St Louis dock and unload Monday A.M. if your lucky. 2250-2400 miles in 9-10 days. Average that out geniuses/$120 per day...or bout $7/hr....and ur clock is burned. That's their schedule-- you vets will understand, now the next wk you go get a 450 mile run out n back that takes 3 plus days Tues, Wed, Thurs....back to STL Friday and load again for Tulsa, OKC, Dallas, etc.. It is a bait n switch...do the math. You are averaging 550 miles per day 6 or 7 days/month, and 350 miles 6 days a month, the rest are 200 miles per day or less. Sitting for hours with live loads. The .55c means nothing if you ain't moving. You are a full time 80 hr a week employee getting $780/wk average pay, maybe, and living in your truck. Bad system, bad people to work for. Just my opinion.
    I am sure it used to be better. Nice equipment. No dispatch, no fuel cards, no shower points, no food credits, no stop pay, blind loads, zero weekly maintenance available, no nk...no pre pass, or Pike Pass...you burn your clock everywhere for no pay.....its a 1980's operation.
    RT

TB John Thanks this.
  10. Black Max

Black Max Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2020
    The 2200 miles is in 9 or 10 days....big bait and switch, multiple stops, $10 drop pay only on extra stops. Hours and hours at both shippers and receivers, no detention pay. (Everything is a fight to keep them from thieving your check, zip code miles too) Average about 260 miles per day...not the promised 2300-2500/week.....(in 5 days) They try to get you to manipulate your logs every day, require you to split your sleeper shift continually, etc.
    Great equipment. Really. 80 hrs a week in your truck, sitting, loading, unloading, driving. No fuel cards, no showers, no discounts. Less than $800 average bring home. Do the Math. U get a 34 reset about every 15 days. They used to be 10 trucks, now 5 or 6....a real fading company.
    As Boyscout said...don't bother.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.