Radio Rambos

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Barbeque, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Barbeque

Barbeque Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Everywhere USA
    E3D3C013-653D-478D-B884-5D42073EBB06.jpeg Mannnnnnn it was fun back the day. Had a few actual run ins myself. It’s a wonder I’ve never been shot at or had the cops called . Chased a couple drivers back in their trucks leaving hand and fist prints in some doors. Bad days leading to a few reactions I’m not proud of but at least still alive to laugh at now. ‍♂️ Last time was a driver side door of a yellow peterbilt at the Effingham TA about 15 years ago. My wife was finally able to put things into perspective for me. That and getting older has really toned things down and tighten down that hair trigger.

Stupid question but
    Any old radio Rambo stories?

plankton, Numb and Metallica88 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I used to get those guys upset and when they'd ask me "Where are you driver?"
    If I was southbound, I'd answer , "I'm northbound and pulling into the next rest area."

Bud A., PacoTaco, plankton and 10 others Thank this.
  4. Blowcanner1975

Blowcanner1975 Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Hoosierland
    Simple solution to Radio Rambos? Don't feed them. Every radio I've ever seen has a power/volume knob. Turn it counter-clockwise until it clicks...problem solved.

5. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    My best friends dad passed a while back but he was a legend in his own mind. Dirty harry, rambo and john wayne all wrapped in one. He had an excuse for not going in the military, not going to vietnam, not this not that. Had more huge guns and knives than any man should.. Not that he wasnt bold.. But it was a lot of posturing once he quit drinkin and drugging. Always started trouble then stiff legged and eased off.

Anyway he had a huge high power base station in the cellar, 50ft antenna. Loved smokey and the bandit. Would talk CB all the time but never once drove truck. but could he troll. He was trollin before it was invented. Loved making people flip out on the radio.

We were teenagers messin with him one day.. Called up the diceman from out in the driveway on his truck CB. Had him foaming at the mouth mad. Hes like whats your 20 MF'r ill kill you. His son says "wall to wall.. Im outside your house!" in this fake mexican/arab voice. Old man was a nostril flaring racist.

We bolted after that and he comes blasting out of the house, jumps in the truck and chases some poor guy down who happens to be driving away. Nothing happened but we gave that sport up pretty quick realizing how bad it could turn.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2019
    Reason for edit: skirting the profanity filter
  6. Barbeque

Aug 25, 2015
    Everywhere USA
    Mannnnnnn I’d pick those fights rolling past them, mic in one hand, bird flying in the other.

Or (example) I’m headed west “Heyyyyyy east bound heifer hauler..”
    Go ahead west bound.
    “Just one man’s opinion, but you are one ugly s-o-b”

plankton and BigCam9670 Thank this.
  7. Barbeque

Aug 25, 2015
    Everywhere USA
    upload_2019-10-9_16-10-22.png upload_2019-10-9_16-10-22.jpeg

Dave_in_AZ and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    At the time, I had a voice synthesizer over the CB mic and could switch it on and my voice sounded like a sultry woman. Had some fun with that one. Don't know what ever happened to that, but can order them online.

9. Barbeque

Aug 25, 2015
    Everywhere USA
    never used that my old Connex was just really loud. Hit that mic and shut them down. Driver you’ll talk when I allow it But I’ve always been able to change up my voice. Ran my mouth from Nashville all the way to Dallas. Kept my foot in it just to keep the drivers no closer than about a half mile behind me. I let one pass me going into Dallas they just KNEW I was a old 70 year old drunk milk hauler. Dude came by and nearly ran off the road laughing. I was still in my 20’s

10. Barbeque

Aug 25, 2015
    Everywhere USA
    And where’s the fun in that.

plankton Thanks this.
  11. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Was backing my long hood W900 spread flat into a really bad gate off a busy two lane road in SLC at a receiver once. The yard people refused to help guide me in, and their gate was only about 12’ wide. Took about 5 tries to get in while blocking traffic. Some guy with a radio got on and kept saying how stupid I looked, and had no clue what I was doing. I looked up and down the street after getting through the gate, but didn’t see any trucks. No idea where he was coming from which is probably for the best because I was fuming over the whole thing.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.