Rand Mcnally TND 740 not accepting any address?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by zaroba, Jul 11, 2018.

1. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Anybody have this issue before?
    Used it to go to the walmart in Harrisonville MO but now no matter what address I type in it just sends me right back there.

3rd time having this issue in 4 months.
    First time a simple reboot fixed it.
    Second time a reboot caused it to not boot up and tech support had me delete the ini files in the navi/user dir and it worked fine.

Now it's doing it again and rebooting it does nothing nor does deleting those files.

Anybody have any thoughts before I spend time calling up tech support for this thing that I'm starting to think was a waste of $500?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I have aELD tnd 765 with gps in it. I am not that good at entering addresses into it. But for a shot in the dark, have you tried putting in the zip code , then address? Haven't been all that impressed with it. But it's what our safety wanted. Turns it self off at times, gets brain farts.

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I live my Garmin but it really screwed me yesterday. Called it in and they thanked me for pointing out the error.

5. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Now it's suddenly decided to start working again.

6. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Next time try resetting it by pushing in the little button on the bottom. The button is so small you will have to use the end of a paper clip to press it.

7. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    It stopped working again so will try that when I get back to the truck

8. truckpc

truckpc Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2010
    how did you get into this condition? i don't see the issue with 740.
    the exact steps that you clicked please

9. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Search
    Guided search
    City
    Street
    Number

Map displays the location, I hit the begin route button
    It calculates, then routes me to the last destination I successfully arrived at.

But if I ignore the whole search thing and just scroll the map, hold my finger on a location, then tell it to route me there it works fine. However if it has to recalculate then it will once again go to the old location. If it records me as successfully arriving at the location, then it becomes the new location that guided search will send me to no matter the address I enter.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  10. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Since starting this topic...

I successfully used it to get to the walmart dc in Harrisonville MO.

I typed in the address for the Tyson plant in Olathe KS and it just wanted me to go back to the walmart dc in Harrisonville MO, which is when I started this topic. I scrolled the map and manually selected the tyson plant and told it to route me there. I didn't go there though, instead I went to get my trailer washed out. It recalculated and tried to send me back to Harrisonville MO. After getting my trailer washed I once again scrolled the map to set it to take me to the tyson plant in olathe and got there, it recorded me as arrived at destination.

Then I set it to the walmart dc in Grandview WA but it decided to send me to the tyson in Olathe KS as that was now the last place i arrived at.

While waiting for the load I rebooted it again and all was working fine and I was able to enter the address for the walmart dc in Grandview WA. But after I arrived there it started messing up again. Let it check for updates while there and all it found and downloaded was a small map update, which didn't solve anything.

When I put in the address for the Tyson in Wallulah WA it tried to send me back to the walmart dc in Grandview WA. So I had to scroll the map and tell it to route me there. Upon areival it DID NOT record me as arriving since my manually set destination was off a bit. So when I entered the next address, Harmony PA, it once again tried to send me back to the walmart dc in Grandview WA.

When I arrived at Harmony PA I tried to enter the address for my next pickup in Shippensburg PA but it wanted me to go to Harmony PA again. But then my air compressor blew so the truck has been in the shop since Saturday night. Hopefully will be ready tomarrow morning. Maybe being unplugged for 4 days will make it fix itself again.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  11. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Mine has an issue of not finding an address at all..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.