Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Depends on the company. I believe OD has 1 28' lift gate for the entire midwest region.

"Ah, just attempt the delivery, then after you get stuck or wedged in we'll reschedule.":rolleyes:

Fuelinmyveins, McUzi and Mike2633 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Wait? You don't wait. Drop that ramp, load that dolly and run it from where you are at. LOL

jmz, Mike2633 and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  4. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    People are such arse holes. I have a Napa auto parts that wants me to 90 degree in there parking lot for one skid like once every three weeks, and I told them no.

Even if I can fit no need to do some crazy crap like that in a parking lot full of cars they got but hurt and started yelling at me they called the terminal and manger told them pretty much he can't make me do something I deem dangerous/uncomfortable with haha I like this new guy.

It'll take me 10mins to get into the spot versus them driving there forklift 50ft to me

misterG, MACK E-6, road_runner and 2 others Thank this.
  5. jgarciajr40

Jun 18, 2016
    The dirt road section on the left no longer exist neither does the gap in the fence

Attached Files:

6. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    The hell with it. We send straight trucks to places like that. It always gets me when people don't want to bring their forklift out. Bunch of clowns

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  7. jgarciajr40

Jun 18, 2016
    They're complaining I block there delivery drivers for like 2-5mins

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    One of the NAPAs we go to requires you to blindside off of a busy street. We only use long boxes, no pups at all. Good times!

misterG, MACK E-6 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  9. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    The one produce truck I saw him run the stuff in from far back LOL!

double_r Thanks this.
  10. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Did some minor truck driving work today, my dad bought a used industrial machine that he's restoring from an industrial surplus place. I rented a truck and went and picked it up and then we went and unloaded the machine and took it apart and cleaned it some and then reloaded it and took it home.
    IMG_4105.JPG
    IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4135.JPG

I rather like the Penske rental trucks there nicer and more modern then the U-Hauls and tad cheaper as well and in better shape. $61.00 for the day to rent the truck well worth it I would do it again in a minute for a local move. They really only rake you over the coals in truck rental when it's long distance or one way or usually both long distance and one way. Usually if you bring the truck back to where you got it from you don't get raked over the coals to bad. This was the first time I ever did Penske and I would do them again in a minute if I needed a truck. Uhaul I've rented there trailers before because there the only one's that rent enclosed cargo trailers and there trailers are pretty good except they use 1 ply cheap tires that always blow out, but for trucks Penske's fleet for rental trucks is far superior. As a home owner you can rent a 26' box truck with lift gate which U-Haul would never have and Penske's fleet of consumer rental trucks is heads and tails better and more modern then U-Haul.

The Penske trucks have ramps (not all U-Haul's do) and the Penske trucks the ramps flush really well with the floor of the truck bed. Penske says they have 12' box trucks which is what I wanted, but 16' is there more common size and I rented the 16' because the price was the same and that was all they had and it worked out really well.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Fuelinmyveins Thanks this.
  11. jgarciajr40

Jun 18, 2016
    I love how uhaul advertises there decks and lowest in the industrial but don't even talk about lift gate service. One of my customers on my route helped me move into my new home and it was a breeze in there small Isuzu box truck with liftgate.

Cardfan89 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.