Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Just got a message from dispatch that we will be mostly doing pick ups and swaps tomorrow. Those of us that don't have set schedule yet he will be calling each driver based on seniority. With my luck I guess I'll be working on the dock and keep improving my forklift skills tomorrow.[​IMG]

I miss the days when we were so slammed with freight that they had me everyday in the morning doing something. One day I was in the city doing P&D and the next day I was on my way to Ohio doing meet run. They got me running like a jack rabbit. Hopefully those days will come back soon

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Does FedEx not have disaster pay or something similar to pay you guys for inclement weather closures?

We’ve had to shut down a couple times this winter and I still got paid for a full 10-hour shift each time.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Nope.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Next time, peel the labels off. ;)

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    You sound like my supervisor. Wanting me to remove the "do not stack" triangkes

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    We flatten those out if we end up having to stick them under a low-clearance deck. As long as the freight gets there undamaged, who cares?

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. Fuelinmyveins

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Fedwrecks is too cheap for that.

misterG, Mike2633 and jmz Thank this.
  9. Fuelinmyveins

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    You would think that if the tractor that you were using shows all bunch of warning messages like transmission fault, engine derate etc. It might be a good idea to bring that tractor to the shop and have them take a look at it. But no the last driver parked in the assigned spot, wrote all the problems on the dvir and left. Unreal

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    i've said it before and I'll say it again

truckers are their own worse enemy.

Radman and Fuelinmyveins Thank this.
  11. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Happens everywhere in LTL. LTL drivers are lazy and won’t take a second to write things up or turn it in. Too much work! I seen it at Reddaway and now Saia. I didn’t get out of the yard for 4 hours on Friday cause of a leaking brake chamber on my pup you can hear a mile away. This driver drug it in and parked it. It was a relay trailer too. Then last night I had a SUPER loose 7 way that made the turn signals not blink and brake lights not go on. Had to stuff alot of paper to get it to work. Had to stop acouple times til it finally worked right. Guess what? I wrote it up and told shop.

Fuelinmyveins and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.