Randy Marten CEO/chairman Marten Transport Eau Claire, Wisconsin/Trucking/Rai

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by The hearts of America, Apr 4, 2019.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    When I went to Marten in 2008 they still were a decent company. They would give you one day off for every 5 days on and you could bank your HT. And they would give you $50 for every day they didn't get you home ontime. West coast turns were becoming scarce at that point. Was mostly regional, They were putting loads on the rail. I chose em' because they had APU'S.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigQuent

BigQuent Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2019
    This is definitely true. He sent me two letters back in July basically saying the exact same thing. Quite sad honestly that he takes time out his day to harass people.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I heard the same rumor from one of the drivers working on the Walmart dedicated account out of Tomah,Wisconsin. Apparently one of the drivers damaged a trailer and a pole next to snow removal blade there(I guess it ain’t a rumor anymore,lol).

Now to be fair the man does own the company and if you damage equipment (trucks,trailers or other stuff) and fail to exercise caution he can actually give you the third degree.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Randy Marten has always been an arrogant ###.

Tall Mike, bzinger and JohnBoy Thank this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I lived near mondovi for a while and never once ran into anybody that liked randy .

7. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    When it’s said and done if you don’t break s*** then you won’t have to worry about those kinds of letters!

TB John and FozzyNOK Thank this.
  8. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I was leased to Marten in like 1995 maybe 1996.

Nice to see they have remained consistent and are still a bottom feeder...They tried playing the forced dispatch game with me. My last phone convo with dispatch went something like this "take a good look on your screen at that truck number hoss, its mine not yours". LOL

my gawd they were a train wreck..

9. BigQuent

BigQuent Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2019
    That doesn’t mean s***. He’s just straight up unprofessional. Simple. Since then I’ve got my authority and two trucks. Young man that’s driving for me had a minor incident. Oh well. You think I was sitting up calling or sending him letters telling him he’s stupid and a-holes??? No cause it’s f*****g life. People like you need to reevaluate yourself if you think that’s cool to do. If you are going to harass every driver that has a accident or incident, you don’t need to be running a d*** company. But hey all y’all super truckers never made a mistake in life.

bzinger, Dennixx and rachi Thank this.
  10. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    You’re barking up the wrong tree. I never said it was cool to do stuff like that-I couldn’t do something like that personally but I don’t own the company so it isn’t my call. There have been drivers who have been terminated for less or did something downright inexcusable that they probably got one of those letters. The company isn’t in the business of tearing up stuff-especially stuff it doesn’t own and even less so from the way CSA scores(and insurance premiums) have been wreaking havoc!

Like it or not he owns company and can do as he sees fit just as much as you as an owner can do with your equipment!

Just out of curiosity what did you do exactly to get his undivided attention that he sent you two letters?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Lonesome and TB John Thank this.
  11. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    Randy Marten just bought a new Corvette. Not that it's really relevant to the topic or anything...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.