Ratcheting Winch Bars for sale online?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by LeadFarmer, Apr 1, 2018.

1. LeadFarmer

LeadFarmer Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Would like to have one with a standard/nipple end when I'm done with my training period. Only problem is I see mostly combination (box ends) ones, really short ones at 28", or none at all. I'd be happy to pay for a Kinedyne one but they seem to only list and sell the replacement tabs now.

My top lead is from Mytee which seems too good to be true (too cheap) with a 40" chrome version for ~$45 shipped.

Anyone have opinions on these things and/or a lead on where I can buy one outside of trawling truck stops?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Is there a reason you want a ratcheting one? Most of us find it easier to keep it simple.

stwik and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  4. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    The guys I know that had them didn’t like them.

Oxbow, TripleSix and SAR Thank this.
  5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    The racheting type will really slow you down. Just pointing that out. Do as you will.

6. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Ive got one, you can have it for 10 bucks ifin ya pick it up. Brand #### new too! Thing is twice the weight of a standard bar. Pointless imo

Gunner75 and stwik Thank this.
  7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I like my ergo bar - it’s got that s-kink in it.

I see some ratcheting ones, but not often.

8. LeadFarmer

LeadFarmer Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    The company I'm with is 75%+ lumber, sheetrock, roofing etc and a lot of drop and hooks. Their trailers are set up with all winches one side with straps stored rolled and there's only two chains/binders per truck.

This is why I think the ratcheting would be nice to at least try because 99% of my work will be with winches that have 3-10ft of strap on them that needs compressing. The trailers also have these welded winches that end up buried and aligned with each drive that make me want to punch puppies.

9. Razororange

Razororange Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    I have the Kinedyne one and love it. You can't buy them any more. Kinedyne has discontinued them.

My local trailer/equipment dealer got ahold of Kinedyne to see if they will be making them anymore. Supposedly somebody sued them over the ratcheting bar and as a result they were discontinued.

I haul a lot of wide crates on a step deck and it's great for that. Allows me to get the straps tight even with the limited year room under the load.

Oxbow, Lepton1, SAR and 2 others Thank this.
  10. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    That's the only thing I've ever wanted one for. I don't pull a step but even on some flat beds the winches are located right by a tire in a way that can make it really difficult to use, and a ratcheting bar could help.

11. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    The ratchet will likely break long before the weld on a traditional snipe bar.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.