Ratcheting Winch Bars for sale online?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by LeadFarmer, Apr 1, 2018.

1. LeadFarmer

LeadFarmer Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Ok folks, everyone has had their say but no one has any advice on where to get one.

I don't care if it's heavier, breaks, or steals my girl. I just want to buy one online and try it.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Amazon, petro i40, i80 ta all have them. I had one, found it to be a waste and more time consuming.

4. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I have one in the trunk of my Honda. Seriously. A driver gave it to me when I bought my trailer and showed it to him. I can't imagine a use for it. It weighs more than Hercules.

PM me if you really want it.

And, make an offer.

5. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    I found one with a snipe end and Ratchet at the TA in pioneer TN. Kenydyne.

I use the ratchet for strapping down, and a mini bar for breaking down. Since you don't go really tight with gypsum board in the first place. Unlike steel where that heavy bar comes in handy breaking down after you've put all your weight into it.

Ratcheting Winch Bar, Chrome
    They are out of stock but that's what you want.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001JT5Q2I/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Also out of stock.

The Kynedyne are the only I'd go for but there is one crappier alternative that's bloody near annoying.

Winch Bar Ratchet Combination

There's your alternative. Maybe a deeper search might find you a kenedyne. But as suggested earlier I think the standard rachet bars are discontinued .

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I had one too.

I can hand tighten to the point to where I can do 2 turns with a plain jane winch bar. The ratchet setup took me twice as long to do the same job.

"But what about oversized crates?"

I've run the crates on an rgn. The ratchet bar is too long to work well in the limited space under the crate. So, I bought a 2 ft punch from Home Depot to use under wide crates.

Oxbow and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.