Rates and fuel mileage

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by aneely87, Jun 20, 2022.

1. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    But wouldn’t you go get that freight for $5-$5.50 vs cut it near in half at $3.50??? Lol

Rideandrepair and Dadetrucking305 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    This horse is a friggen skeleton by meow.

4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Instead for telling us how to run our business
    Why don't you enlighten us on how your making bank in this times??
    JMO but I bet your 1 of those guys that jump in when thing were booming .. gave a butt load of money for a truck & trailer and now things have gotten lean & mean your fanny pack doesn't have any coin in it and your about to go toes up and your looking to blame everybody for your misfortune

5. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    That's exactly what people do who don't understand the market. They will do that. The "I" in the scenario isn't me.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I hate when they throw that frickin twic/port crap on you at the last minute... Hey broker just lead with it that it's a port load so I can hang up and call someone else

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I see a Load today, Mi. to Ga. 20 mile DH, 835 miles Loaded for $1400. I’m not working almost 2 days for $550 after fuel cost. Minus other costs, better off at the local fast food joint. I can’t believe it’s even posted. Must be just as many New Brokers without a clue, as there are O/Os that are stuck with their foot in a bucket of #### right now. I’m paying attention to the Large Brokerages trying to take advantage, adding them to my list. Convoy is the latest addition. I may still work for them from here out, but only if they accept my high bid. Starting right now!! I doubt I’ll have any effect on pricing, I know better. I still have a choice to participate or not in the madness. I’m not going to make others rich, while I go backwards. I’d rather drop my insurance and burn the Truck and Trailer to the ground.

BoostedTeg and Last Call Thank this.
  8. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Be a better negotiator. Your lack of skill and high standards are not everyone’s take. If rates were not talked about at all what do you think they would be? The only way most know what to ask for is from the general crowd talk. I never been much on telling the crowd my real deal or believing theirs. Survival of the fittest. You don’t want the broker getting fat off just a phone call? Stop feeding him that easy. Doesn’t matter who gets what out of the original rate since all parties agree to work for their part. Welcome to the free market, anyone with a little credit can get an authority deregulation.

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I won’t bother calling on a low advertised rate. I get the message, take it or leave it. Waste of time. I will call on a high advertised rate, and ask for more, and often get it.

ibcalm19, Last Call and wore out Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.