Rates

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Lite bug, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I have not run since the 1st. of August. I have a out bound load from my customer, looking at the Load Board to return I see rates have crashed, but fuel remains sky high. Gives me the opportunity to ask the question are the brokers still saying to the shipper we can’t find trucks to haul at this rate. Charging the shipper more and offering up for a whole lot less?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Something is definitely fishy with the diesel fuel price IMO. Regular unleaded prices have been sliding for months now around here and at some places down to an almost reasonable $3.50 or so. That's about what I was paying last fall for diesel, at the worst. Now it's $5-5.25 around here everywhere without much of an explanation about why there is such a huge difference in price between it and regular unleaded. I am pretty sure it's not because of huge demand and a booming economy, lol.

4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    $1.50 spread between gas and diesel here in MO.

I thought the same. It's like the general public are appeased, prior to mid term elections, and brokers and shippers are wondering what our problem is with their offered rates.

5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Gas in the Denver areas has jumped $.15 to $.20 in the last week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.