Real Trucking Broadview IL - owner ops - STAY AWAY, they will steal your money

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BriteTrucker, Dec 27, 2016.

1. BriteTrucker

BriteTrucker Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Well, where to begin. Ive had my CDL for over 8 years now. At the beginning of this year, I sold my truck and decided to work as a dispatcher - couldn't stand low rates anymore. Spent about 3 months dispatching company trucks, but had to leave because I moved to Illinois. Found Real Trucking, they promised a very good salary, so I started to work there.
    That was on of the worst experience in my life. When they were hiring me - no one told I`ll have to lie to drivers and owner operators, that my paycheck will be based pretty much on how good of a liar I am. Everyone there have only one purpose - make the company as much money as possible. Means that dispatchers have to cut rates on owner operators loads. Book it for price - give it to owner op for much less. Sometimes it can be thousands... If you dont do that - they will make you miserable and eventually fire you. 80% of dispatch job was on commission from rate cuts. Also we had to lie to drivers too. You could book 24-48 hours drops trailer load, charge broker extra thousand for it, but tell the driver it will be live unload. When the driver gets to the receiver - you just tell him - '"oh, the broker didnt tell me. dont worry, I`ll get you detention for it". Most of the time - drivers didn't get anything, managers simply told them - "we didn't get anything from the broker".
    I left after working there for 3 weeks, couldn't stand the lies and pressure from the management.
    I realized that the only way to make sure no one is stealing from you is to open your own MC. That's what I did in September. Now I'm back on the road, driving for myself.
    Fellow drivers and owner operators - be aware of Real Trucking. Ive seen many things while working there. I cant even post some of them here - they will probably want to sue me if I do. My point is no matter what they promise you - you wont get it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Well that's a different perspective hearing from someone on the inside. Actual information to boot! Best of luck back on the road.

4. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Thanks for sharing!

5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I'm pretty certain most drivers know that if a dispatcher's mouth is open, it's generally lies coming out, but thanks for the testimonial.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Seems to me like a guy/gal should just go ahead and avoid any and all trucking companies headquartered in Illinois as a whole.

7. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    It seems to me that trucking out of illonios is just a big scam..

Traveler83 Thanks this.
  8. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    I meant Illinois.

Traveler83 Thanks this.
  9. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    That's a silly thing to say. Illinois is a major hub for a variety of quality companies.

slim shady Thanks this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This is the third thread on Real Trucking discussed here in 2 weeks. That should tell you something folks.

Traveler83 Thanks this.
  11. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    I think there's a difference between a major company which has a hub in Illinois versus a company solely operated out of and based there.

Over the course of a few months, I went through about 7 companies in Chicago and these were "recommended" to me. Turned me into a "job hopper" and rejections from megas when I gave in and applied some time ago. Recruiters don't care to hear that companies don't put money on fuel cards and bounce your check every week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.