Received a ticket vc 23114

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Dera209, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Dera209

Dera209 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2021
    Hi I'm a dump truck owner operator in my first year. Today I received a ticket for VC 23114 - Load not covered. I always use my tarp but today my pickup and dropoff site was total 8 mile roundtrip and was running in circles so I skipped tarping which I shouldn't have. Now I'm wondering how bad would this affect my insurance, I'm close to renewal. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Call a lawyer. Ask if they can do some legal maneuvering to postpone the court date until after your insurance renews. Also, maybe they can get the charge reduced.

4. Dera209

Dera209 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2021
    I asked a lawyer and was told that its a non moving violation and It wont raise insurance premiums but it would still show up on driving record. I'm planning to hire a lawyer and see if I can hopefully get it knocked off my record completely.

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    In Ca. when I did dirt work pulling bottom dumps, yes, not tarping your load was a violation. But, if a cop could not see the load and it was not blowing dust etc, it was not a problem. You hardly ever see bottom dumps with tarps.

6. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    That's amazing you got stopped. Where was it at? I see dump trucks and end dumps all the time without their tarp over their load. Never understood why they don't use it when loaded. Once had a pretty big rock hit my windshield from one of them.

7. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Heavy rocks won't fly out of the trailer, normally any rocks hitting your vehicle are coming off the frame rails that the truck picked up in the quarry. Stay clear of construction trucks.

8. Dera209

Dera209 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2021
    Usually when I run short loops I'd raise my box until the peak settles and I did the same this time. If I wasnt going uphill that day that chp would not have seen anything. No other trucks on that job were using their tarps until they seen me pulled over and noticed I started using my tarp Lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.