Receiver won't unload my truck. Been laid over for 5 days. I need help!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Tamlks77, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Tamlks77

Tamlks77 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2019
    What can you do if your broker can't get you unloaded at the receiver? My driver has been laid over for 5 days now. Can I tell him to leave and bring load back? TQL says that dropping at a secondary location is not an option. And bringing it back to the shipper isn't an option either.
    Can I tell my driver to leave and compel them to find somewhere to put the load?

TallJoe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Who is the reciever? Whats in the box? Was your driver late?

4. Tamlks77

Tamlks77 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2019
    Polaris Industries, Madison, AL. Driver wasn't late, he didn't have an appointment time because it was supposed to be a Hot, High Priority Load and they were going to unload him as soon as he arrived. Auto parts.

TallJoe and rachi Thank this.
  5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    You have options. Don’t let TQL dictate what they are.

You should’ve taken action 4 days ago!

6. User666

User666 Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    TQL doesn't run YOUR business. Find a storage facility and drop it there. Bill TQL for everything you can think of. Call the place I have listed below. Their rates are reasonable, they'll offload and store the freight. Be sure to bill TQL for every dime. If they don't pay, file a claim on their bond and/or go after Polaris for the money. I certainly hope you're paying your very nice driver for sitting there all this time too. Most drivers would have left your equipment by now.
    Warehouse Services Huntsville AL | Madison Bonded Warehouse

7. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    The place has some bad reviews lately. They may have covid related issues to deal with, who knows. It's rated 2.9 out of a possible 5, Here are 5 of 6 most relevant reviews. Good luck with it.

7049 Greenbrier Pkwy, Madison, AL 35756

2 weeks ago
    my first and last time ever delivering to this place
    It’s almost 24 hours. I don’t receive any calls from facility for unloading.
    Don’t deliver for one horn company special David Davis, because he told it’s live load but it is drop trailer load.

------------------------------------
    a week ago
    If your brokers tells you that this is morning appointment live unload, he's lying. They only live unload on 2nd and 3rd shift by appointment only. You come here in the morning for live unload , you'll have to drop your trailer in their 300+ trailer lot for up to 24hrs! Never again!

----------------------------------------

a week ago-
    3 days and a trailer has still not been unloaded....

-----------------------------------------

3 months ago-
    I'm a truck driver this is my first and last time ever delivering to this place...absolutely unbelievable. I've been here now for almost 8 hours for a live unload. This is a joke. never again. For those that have made it in and out within a reasonable time .you're lucky. my experience here has been awful. The security were nice especially the second shift gentleman he was cooler than a fan. If I dont hear the word Polaris again it won't hurt my feelings at all. Something needs to be done about it. And you sit on the side of the road... smh

--------------------------------------------------------------------

a month ago-
    Please please please be careful
    Don’t deliver to this facility you will hate you’re life

---------------------------------------------------------------

3 weeks ago-
    Worst place to deliver load. They mention on papers its rush shipment but they don’t care about. As per security person no live unloading here. Avoid these kind of shippers. Worst place among the polaris

------------------------------------------------------

a week ago-
    If you are a truck driver avoid this place!AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pol...L.&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

8. User666

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    Guy I spoke to on the phone said he's had numerous carriers drop their Polaris loads at this shop for storage. Looks like they've been having issues for well over a month.

Bean Jr., Tamlks77 and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  9. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    I hope your or someone can help @Tamlks77 figure it out.

User666 Thanks this.
  10. Tamlks77

Tamlks77 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2019
    Thank you everyone for all of the great advice. I had to threaten them with leaving today before they would even get things going!! I LOVE THIS FORUM!!! I'm still learning.. Thank you all so much..

11. User666

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    You're very welcome, sir. If you need storage call that place. Sounds like they already have a bunch of Polaris' junk already there. Good luck!

Dadetrucking305 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.