Recent Graduate Looking For A Company... HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by SouthernOutlaw, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernOutlaw

SouthernOutlaw Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange Park,FL
    Hi, I recently Graduated from Roadmaster Drivers School here in Jacksonville,FL... I graduated top of my class... Recieved my Class A CDL with a Tanker Endorsement... I am currently looking for a company to go with that won't keep me out for years on end, and that has decent pay... Benefits don't matter to me right now... My Problem is being a recent graduate,I have very little experience with 18 wheelers,and My age... I am only 22 Years old, and most companies around here (Like Florida Rock and Tank Lines) want you to be atleast 25 and have 2 or 3 years OTR... I am good at what I do, and I have a family I have to take care of (Wife and Daughter). I need a good company that will treat me right and get me some decent cash, but get me home once in a while... Any Suggestions???
    I ALMOST went with Werner Enterprises until I noticed that a full-time MCDonald's Employee makes more money than a Werner driver does... (According to several werner drivers)... :biggrin_25513:

Please help me start on the right path in this great industry known as Truck Driving...

Thanks!!!

Steve....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dazysnow

dazysnow Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Chillicothe, MO
    You might try Allen Freight in Jacksonville on Ellis Road.

4. jimnfor

jimnfor Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    sherman, tx
    BULKMATIC. search them on here, all good stuff. they have quite a bit of business in FL.
    good luck

5. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I looked at Bulkmatic.. but didn't submit an application. Their web site says you need 2 years driving experience if you are younger than 25, and 1 year experience if you are OLDer than 25.

A recent graduate of a CDL school has zero experience...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.