Recent Misdemeanor, Have Cdl permit Need Training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by HeWants2BeATrucker, Aug 20, 2019.

1. HeWants2BeATrucker

HeWants2BeATrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Need help finding training & or driving job for husband with recent misdemeanor. He acquired his CDL permit, has medical card & tanker endorsement, but nobody willing to train or offer him a driving position. Is there ANY HOPE?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What is the misdemeanor?
    Is he on probation?
    Where is your location; state & nearest town/city?
    Any tickets or wrecks?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Has he tried any of the megas? ^^^ Haha, I was just gonna tag you, China'town~!

FlaSwampRat, mhyn and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. HeWants2BeATrucker

HeWants2BeATrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2019

No tickets or wrecks, good driving record. He got a drug possession charge and received 2 years probation for it. We are near Reading Pennsylvania.

FlaSwampRat and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The state may pay for cdl school through the WIOA Program. Google WIOA Program Pennsylvania.
    PI&I Motor Express hires people with criminal records, but he'll have to graduate from cdl school first.
    [​IMG] upload_2019-8-21_8-45-20.jpeg

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He has to pass a hair follicle drug test, so be prepared for that.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CRH driver trainee:
    Click here > Apply On Company Site
    A CDL class B driver trainee position will be no more than 6 weeks in length and will prepare the employee to obtain a CDL class B license. Additionally, trainees will learn the skills necessary to operate a tri-axle truck equipped to deliver stone and asphalt products to job sites and perform specific customer service tasks.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Generally a permit CDL is not the same as a full blooded CDL holder. You cannot expect employers to hire and run him as such on just a little permit.

As long the Misdemeanor does not involve theft you should be ok. Trucking companies are very leery to hand a thief a set of keys to a 200K tractor and a 50K trailer carrying upwards of a million or more in cargo.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok make sure he is free from the PO and free from having to check in and particularly free to roam the USA etc at will.

There will be a problem with crossing into Canada. I think that's verboten now for the life of your husband. Canada views things a little hard at the border should he try to cross (NOT recommended)

Hair test is a real possibility. I myself feel that 1 year from last dose or last use of any drug particularly THC is best defense to show clean hair sample. Urine is not a problem after 1 month since last dose.

You cannot risk a hot positive today in this industry, no tolerance whatsover. Personally I don't care what you do at home off time. But the industry is not me. I am not a user of pot or any kind of non legal drugs. I am however am a pain patient and have a slightly different path regarding those medicines. Those will have to stop and there will be a period where I can go roll for one of two employers who do not use hair tests and for whom I have lifetime employ-ability privileges.

This is not a attack or picking on anyone. Its something that has evolved fairly recently in this industry. The biggest impact of that to me personally is that CBD oil sales to me should I choose to buy from my pain clinic a supply of it which does NOT contain THC in it, and if it did ever, we all including my doctor will sit with me in jail all together. I am tested twice a year down to the last molecule to be sure I am not doing anything illegal or doctor shopping for other prescriptions. OR more importantly suffering organ failure or possible heart failure or attack. It will show up in the urine and blood really well. So that's not something I worry about. I just go and test it out. No problem.

One more thought.

That CDL is very very valuable now. You cannot backslide into possibly a felony or a second offense. You cannot. You can have the CDL or you can have the THC medicine or whatever but not both. As a example.

11. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Try Berks. Hauling hot dogs around. Right in Reading, I know some guys that work there that have been pinched before, I think they dock to driver, and the pay ain't half bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.