Recruiter coming into school.

Discussion in 'Werner' started by jdpower78, Apr 30, 2008.

1. jdpower78

jdpower78 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Medford,MA
    Hey my school is having a recruiter come in from Werner can anyone give me some questions to ask? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DaveinKC

DaveinKC Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Ks
    Werner came to our school today. They were the grand finale of all the recruiters.

Usually, when we have recruiters, half the class leaves and goes for our hour long lunch break. This time things were different. They actually wouldn't let us leave, and if anyone wanted to go get our own lunch, we had to get it and come back. This really pissed off a few students.

He passed around alot of BS brochures and a brochure of the Freightliner Cascadia as if this is what we were going to be driving. Etc.

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Werner is deeply embedded with many schools. Fair warning. You see the ads in all the papers, for free training. You go in for an interview at a private office/location. The guy supposedly is "representing" the school, takes your paperwork etc etc. Actually, he is a recruiter for Werner. They never tell you that.

They will help get you in the local school, no strings attached. But there is a price to be paid.

5. Kitten

Kitten Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    No, you probably wouldn't be driving a Cascadia if you drive for Werner but count yourself lucky. I'm waiting for my trainer at the moment with Werner and a woman driving a brand new Cascadia recently came into my terminal for repairs saying it had already broken down 5 times on her. I'll take one of their older Pete's any day of the week over the Cascadia.

6. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    yes, ask them if the paperless logs will shut you down on the side of the hi-way even though you can get to a T/S 10 miles away legally:biggrin_2552:

7. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Ok now this little line irriates me to no end. No. They will not shut you down. They cannot shut you down. Only you can shutdown. Will they whine? Yes. If you are over hours. But in your statement it 'even though you can get to a TS 10 miles away legally' confuses me?

If you have hours then why would they even bother you? And there are ways around the whole over hours thing, if you know how to work it. If you are out of ours and 10 miles away dispatch will just tell you to get ot the nearest safe haven and stop (aka the truck stop). You might get a log message whining to take a break thats the extent of it.

If you are found on the side of the highway and you aren't broken down its an immediate termination event via company policy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.