Recruiter Lies

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Curdog1, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    Paschall Trucking in Murray, KY. I am a single mother who recently (last year) with the Good Lords help found a way to break the chains of poverty by getting a grant to complete an 8 week CDL school at a Technical College. I was hired right away after graduation by an OTR company running to the west coast delivering carpet and returning with produce. I worked a full six months with this company and gave 100% to my job and was so happy to be able to provide for my child. The down side was the time away from home. At six months I began searching for a SE regional or dedicated job. The Paschall recruiter promised iIN WRITING that they had a SE regional account that would fit my needs. They actually paid for a rental car instead of the usual bus ticket for me to come to orientation. I completel most of the first day of orientation but kept noticing OTR on my paperwork. I asked the staff and was told to call my recruiter to confirm, which I did. Still lied to me. Passed the drug test, did all paperwork, came time for the road test and during final discussions was told that no, I was being hired for an OTR position. After the road test I would pick out a tractior then was to hang out in their “lodge” until they found a load to deliver close enough to my home where I could go by the house and pack for 4 to 6 weeks on the road. One week home time maybe after that. Went to talk to the suits in the office they told me the SE regional jobs don’t exist. They were “very sorry, those darn recruiters are such liars” but since I was there did I want the OTR job? Then they really put the pressure on: “Do you want this or not. Tell us now because I have to book this BUS TICKET back to Georgia before it is gone.” I asked for a night in the lodge to think about it but no, within 30 minutes I had my things packed up and was on the PTL shuttle to the Greyhound terminal in the slums of Nashville for a 4-1/2 hour wait, plus 2 hours because the bus was late. I smelled alcohol on the bus driver and we had to cross Monteagle on the way home at night. Very scary. So here I sit at home, broke, job hunting, etc. I can go back to my former OTR company; I left on good terms, but it is still West Coast and school will be on summer break soon. I need to be close to home. PTL”s recruiters are PTL employees who probably have a quota to meet and probably highly pressured so they pretty much have to lie to get recruits. I have heard worse horror stories about them since and wanted to post this to maybe help someone else. Also I was told later if you piss them off they falsify the reason for leaving orientation on your DAC such as failed road or drug test. BEWARE

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
  4. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Please put your location in your profile or reply with it in this thread. Folks here familiar with your area may be able to make recommendations but will need to know what area you are in.

Texas_hwy_287 and Just passing by Thank this.
  5. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    @Curdog1 hang in there. You not working for PTL is a blessing. Like the other poster said, give us your location city and some people on here can help.

6. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    They did you a favor, driver. Just know that recruiters are all liars. Do your best to research any company before you make the jump. This is a great place for someone to do that. Good luck.

mjd4277, Texas_hwy_287 and Luvtodrive Thank this.
  7. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    My first thought was to go back to previous job since you need money asap. Then plan and research thoroughly your next move for as long s it takes. I pull tankers and in 11 years was never in a bind for work. Good luck and hang in there, it will work out fine!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Hearing stuff like this is heartbreaking. Hang in there. Somebody here will hopefully have a good recommendation for you.

mjd4277, disoba and TransportNService Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    There's tons of short haul around Kentucky, you just have to find someone that will take you with 6 months.
    A year would be much easier, but oh well.
    Call Schneider.

mjd4277 and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  10. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    A recruiter lied ?!?!?!

Say it ain't so!

Well, there's a first time for everything I guess.

shogun and DTP Thank this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I find it hard to believe PTL doesn't have a SE regional or dedicated account fleet.

This is the overarching problem with the bigger fleets. They just suck in general and lying to bring in fresh meat to orientation is no doubt just one of their many issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.