Recruiter Lies

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Curdog1, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Well I don't get why she's looking in Kentucky when she lives in Georgia. Plenty of companies down there if she wants to see her kid more.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    the first thing we need to realize about trucking companies is : without drivers they don't have a job .

So the second thing we need to realize about recruiters is : recruiters will paint the very best picture of the company as possible to get warm bodies in the seats

The third thing we need to realize is : they don't want to pay

The forth thing we need to realize is : we need to look very long and hard at who we choose to work for in the trucking industry.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    HOLY MOSES!!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  6. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I have only been through one orientation. It was for Bestway. I don't care for the company, but they had a guy come in and he had a major toothache. I drove him to Aspen dental. I wondered to myself why you would even show up in that condition. He did the piss test and that was it. Never made a class. They sent him back home on the bus, which amazed me. While there I was told there was a class every week. I am being offered a job with a place near Atlanta. Same deal. Class every week. The turnover in this business is amazing but I don't have enough info to sort it out. I dont know how much is a driver problem and how much a company issue . Seems like a very unproductive way to operate.

7. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Look no company is perfect, Some are worse than others, they are all in business to make money off another persons labor. Its up to you to decide what your willing to do, where your willing to run, and if they are respectful or not, its all up to you the driver to decide what you will or will not except.

I've driven for big and small, mega carriers, to O/O's they all are the same premise, Max money from a truck, means getting you the driver to meet the deadlines they decide are important while making you think you matter to them, Well you don't they do not care your name, or about your kids, of holidays or anything else, its part of the game to make you think the do, and keep the truck moving on schedule.

I work for a headhutter, and drive for lots of different companies on a as needed basis, I know the game is about money, I don't discuss that with the individual companies, Im happy with 22.50 per hour and OT after 8 hours, now what the company I work for charges the trucking company is none of my business, But I do know it in the 75 to 80 per hour range, and expenses get margined up such as hotels, if it cost the headhunter say 130.00 they charge the trucking company 130 X 2.5,
    All this is to say is the company your driving for can afford to pay you alot more than they are paying.
    Be professional but standup for what you need, don't be a sheep.

bigblue19 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You can only move around so much before you are not hireable. I believe if you are going to commit to them that it should be required of them to put things in writing up front. I hear all the excuses, but fair is fair. Don't ask someone to quit a job and come to work under false pretenses. They gamble that you will stay. If not, another class next week. You don't see anything wrong with this?

TruckGal13 Thanks this.
  9. TruckGal13

TruckGal13 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Petoskey, MI
    I’m at my first year mark, OTR, with a mega carrier. Said carrier is hiring new drivers every week out of almost all of their operating centers around the country.

The last 4 months or so all I hear is “there is no freight in the market you are in”. And, the majority of my loads are Short miles with many live loads and live unloads that destroy my 14. Today, I relayed a load 4 miles, which I don’t get paid on the mileage because they use the Household moving guide, for a live unload! What the hell? And detention doesn’t kick in till 2 hours have passed. Granted they pay a flat rate of $35 yet I’m still feeling like I’m freakin working for free. Earlier today I had a live unload then drive 76 miles with that empty for a live load. I’m just donating my time.

In the meantime, while I’m being told freight is so hard to come by, said carrier continues to advertise, in print, “Wanted...OTR Drivers...Memphis, TN. Expect 2400 to 3000 miles per week”.

This should be ILLEGAL.

My stats are great and if I’m late due to equipment (very few here ever report trailer defects leaving drivers who refuse to drive defective equipment to picking up the slack and using our time, that we do Not get compensated, to get tires changed out, etc.) or weather or construction I call or message in so they can communicate with the shipper/receiver. The bummer is I’m running into this when picking up Loaded trailers, not just empties.

Anyway, I’ve been so frustrated lately...how the heck can putting these details in Print not be illegal?

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @TruckGal13 - How about MC VanKampen out of Wyoming, Michigan; trucks run 75 mph and no east coast.
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

mjd4277, TruckGal13 and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Curdog1 where are you working now?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.