Red light camera offense with a car's effect

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Whitestar29, Mar 14, 2019.

1. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    A camera ticket is assigned to the registered owner of the car only insofar as the financial responsibility. If the ticket doesn't get paid the province withholds the registration renewal. There are no demerits. Car rental agencies all use a standard clause to transfer the financial responsibility to the renter, which makes perfect sense; why should they be responsible for your ticket?

Unless you're iron-clad certain you can beat the ticket (like another vehicle in the picture about to run into your car if you stop), you're very likely just wasting your time going to court. As others have told you... pay the ticket and move on. Nothing more will come from it; there will not be any demerits on your licence.

upnorthwpg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    It has been said that red light cameras are evil and I would agree.

4. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    [​IMG]

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  5. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Nah. Don’t run the light, don’t pay the stupid tax.

mudflap77 Thanks this.
  6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    They don't know who was in the car. They've mixed up license plates and charged the wrong owner. There's no oversight. They're primarily run by private corporations. They're seen as unimpeachable in most courts so you will have a very difficult time getting bogus charges thrown out. The problems with these devices are many.

7. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I've gotten 2 of those friggin red light camera tickets in 4 years. I fought both and both were dropped to $200 instead of $325. If you wanna save $125 go to court. I don't know why people here are saying don't fight it. It doesn't carry and points and basically is just a fine. But would you rather pay $325 or $200? Both were in peel region.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.