Redford Truck Line GG Barnett

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by truckerguy, Mar 9, 2010.

1. truckerguy

truckerguy Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Hi this is truckerguy,

I have been in trucking for 18 years worked both sides. I recently learned from a friend of mine that a company called RTL Redford truck line Charleston, MO owned by GG Barnett of Beaver Dam WI. Be very careful when applying or working for this company. They are very paranoid about drivers. Drivers can track all kinds of problems, note them in an inspection sheet and also track the problem by making notes for their own tracking of the problem. Notify the shop several times about the problem and then they want to fire the driver over it. Stating that the driver should have made a bigger fuss over it.

They are a very different company from what I can tell. The Charleston MO terminal has good people at it accept for the terminal manager. He is a con and lies to the home office.

The company has issues be very careful of them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    I think this bears out what you've reported.

Carrier Driver SEA Value History [​IMG]

Apparently they had a serious driver problem that they've now gotten a handle on. Thanks for the heads up! I'm a wannabe and I don't need to find myself working for a company that could hurt my record.

4. Truck Driving Nightmares

Truck Driving Nightmares Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    It is 2018 and apparently not much has changed just a few faces in the office at charleston.

This company operates an aged fleet of cascida freightliners and glider kits, be prepared for a nightmare of little problems each week in addition to the inevitable breakdowns that happen with any company but tend to occur more here, and lets not forget the daily sitting at distribution centers for half your day several times each week, your going to sit about as much as you drive and expect to be on a 400 mile load for 2 days you might get a week with 2000 miles but dont count on it as a regular thing.

You are required to pay all the companies expenses tolls, scales ect out of your pocket, if they approve your expenses they will pay you back in a few weeks so expect a lot of your money to get tied up in their system , they will give you a cash advance but they charge you to do one and they take it out if your pay before they reimburse you for expenses.

They operate off your personal cell phone and do not compensate you for it in any way, they are not an average trucking company they operate unlike anything i have ever seen in all my years of driving, the head dispatcher is the owners son and you cant help but wonder what goes through his mind in reflection of his load assignments and the short haul time extensive loads.

If you enjoy being belittled and talked down too and talked about when you leave a room or are not present this is the place for you.

I personally would not recommend them to anyone.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  5. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Why would you stay even long enough to give a detailed report

6. Truck Driving Nightmares

Truck Driving Nightmares Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    That's a short time there doesn't take long to figure them out.

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    This highlights another problem with mileage pay . If you have issues with your truck how much money will it cost you in down time. And if you are driving a truck out of warranty will the owner fix it or put a band aid on it?
    Hourly are trucks are serviced by the dealer on a rotation on wknds & a rental is used for any brakedowns
    In over 2yrs of local work with trucks running 20hrs a day I have never had a brakedown or lost any income due to equipment. When they have to pay you they keep you rolling

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.