Refrigerated ltl otr regional

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rpad139, Jan 20, 2018.

1. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Im looking into a company that does multi stop refrigerated loads. Denny transport out of denver colorado to be exact.

Does anyone have experience with this type of work. Do most customers allow you to unload freight on their dock?

I like otr regional, but need more physical activity to keep me in shape.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hey rpad, I did a lot of local ( 3-400 mile radius) multi stop/pickup with a reefer. You'll get a workout, all right. Depends where you go. Many times you unload your own freight. Some union warehouses may make you bring it to the back of the trailer, or not let you on the dock at all, and some places may not have a dock, or the 2 docks are full, and you may have to 2 wheel your freight in. Find out what they haul, and it will give you a better idea. If you go to the same places all the time, you get to be friends, it's a better life than otr, where you are a stranger all the time, oh, one more thing, don't forget the donuts for the good stops. It goes a long way next time. Good luck.

rpad139 Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Driver unload:
    McLane Foodservice
    Sygma Network
    Reinhart Foodservice
    Gordon Foodservice
    Performance Food Group
    Golden State Foods

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  5. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    On the fence about jumping over to denney transport. They increased their pay to 52 cents a mile i heard. I like the idea of otr regional with some unloading.

I can never get those food service companies to respond.

6. Zaros

Zaros Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Did you go with them? I've been thinking about it. I like the Volvo's with the table, Wish they had the full 780 and not the midroof lol. Since the bed on top is very tiny and uncomfortable. The pay seems very good though.

7. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I called them yesterday. They raised the base pay to 45 cents a mile. Plus accesorial pay that equals 52 cents a mile. I like the 780 volvo, tv, refrigerator, and pet policy.

I plan on ditching the monthly rent and living in the truck to save some $$$$. Getting ready for the next crash so i can buy bunch of stocks and real estate.

Zaros Thanks this.
  8. Zaros

Zaros Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Smart man, Unfortunately they don't have the 780s, Forgot which model is called but it is the Midroof model. I wish it was the 780, would've applied right now lol

9. 5280_Ralph

5280_Ralph Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Denver, CO
    The good thing about Denney is that the freight is pretty driver friendly. If you want to make extra money unloading they let you self lump, but it is never required. They run to Texas, Omaha, East and West coasts. During season the meat and produce loads do pick up but most of the freight is dedicated customers coming out of Denver and 50/50 dry and reefer freight coming back to Denver.

From what I understand, Denney is where you go if you want to make a lot of money and have out and back runs. But I agree with DustyRoad, contact the company to get their 2 cents too.

10. 5280_Ralph

5280_Ralph Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Denver, CO
    Give them a call! I know they got 2018s in that are the 780s

11. Zaros

Zaros Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2018
    I mean, doubt they'll give brand new trucks to new drivers, but that would be amazing. 780 is my favorite. Love that Dinette set.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.