Regen Required almost every day

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by hannalucey, Dec 4, 2021.

1. hannalucey

hannalucey Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2021
    i drive a 2012 peterbilt 367 with the ISX 15 engine. ive been driving it for 5 months and ever since i had it its had regen issues. it had the reqen required light on for two weeks at first, and wouldnt complete a regen manually because it would overheat. got the radiator blown out so i could regen it manually. since then, the regen required light on the dash comes on almost every day (with a manual regen done every night). its been to the shop multiple times and theyve cleaned the DPF, replaced sensors, etc. there is a check engine light for crankcase pressure and they are saying the engine is bad which is why the regen required light comes on so often? does anyone have any idea what could be going on? anything will help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Company truck?
    How many miles/hours on this beast?
    Does it use much oil?

4. hannalucey

Dec 4, 2021
    i dont know if my reply posted but yes its a company truck, 15,000 hours and 330,000 miles. it leaks oil so its hard for me to tell if it is burning it as well.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    With that mileage and hours, that truck either never gets out of 4th gear or it idles way too much.

6. hannalucey

Dec 4, 2021
    i just started driving it in june so i know it must have been decently abused in its day, im just curious to know why this regen issue cant really be figured out because i have to regen it every night so i can drive it the next day without it going into derate

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The emission system catches emissions. If they've been through the emission system and it is functioning correctly then its probably an engine problem. 15,000 hours and a high crankcase pressure code make me suspect its got too much blowby and its burning oil.

My next action would be checking the engine to see if its overhaul time.

8. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    Do you idle a lot?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.