Regulations on pretrip anal safety manager Need to bury him…

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by v6killer, Mar 5, 2013.

1. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    Yeap u were on duty driver minus well started ur QC if u already had a preplan If not dont fuel or move the truck until u did that way u dont eat ur hours. But now u know and knowing is half the battle. By the way adding anal to the phrase safety manager just sounds jacked up how bout just picky safety manager? Dont cha think?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    True. My pretrips are usually about an hour or so long actually during the winter. I usually get up about 5 have the truck idling by 530 but dont get to leave till 630 or 7 waiting for the truck to heat up. I have a lot of time to change lights and crap or mudflaps. Still nees to fix a cab light though hit a bump and it goes out hit another comes back on need to put a new set on. Driver shouldve known to pretrip that truck before leaving though. Corse personal use is a pita he couldve simply said he was going to eat then pretripped then fueled wouldve solved everything lol.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. Billerd

Billerd Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Colorado
    I hear ya, BUT it is their business. FMCSA requires that all motor carriers keep maintenance records on all CMV's. they tend to get suspicious when they don't see on duty time for "fixing" things that break. By not logging those things once in a while you open yourself up for further scrutiny of your logs, DVIR's and maintenance records.

Ghost Ryder and BigBadBill Thank this.
  5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Also on the fuel part if you are on electronic logs, they want the fuel receipt and location to match the log, of course this isn't always possible because the systems that come out of some of the fuel stations are not captured right and may make you look like you have a false fuel entry. If you are logging the fuel at a differant time and the receipt shows up a different time they may also say something also.

Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Unless you pay cash for fuel there will be a time on the fuel card billing that would get you burned in an audit .

7. WRIGHTRACING

WRIGHTRACING Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Iuka MS/Muscle Shoals AL
    Where did he mention fueling in that post? :confused:

8. WRIGHTRACING

Jan 3, 2011
    Iuka MS/Muscle Shoals AL
    Company shop repairs all things wrong with the truck. DVIR is for after you're parked, soas long as you get it fixed, you can say nothing was ever wrong because it was fixed before you done your DVIR.:)

9. WRIGHTRACING

Jan 3, 2011
    Iuka MS/Muscle Shoals AL
    That last part is perfect...just gotta think outside the box, especially a little more with elogs.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    that's where he said it.

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    There's many a slip twixt a cup and a lip.

Wow a lot of the respondents on here must be company drivers who don't know you can drive around off duty without a load or dispatch. Yes you must fuel On Duty. I've done this many times in fact this morning I will be driving Off Duty to go pick up an empty trailer at which point I will be logging On Duty for the pretrip at that point. I have my oil changes, DOT inspections, all shop work done Off Duty. I generally do my 'real' pretrips Off Duty then when the time comes for the start of the '14' and the pretrip, it's just a matter of waiting for the time to be fulfilled, usually get a cup of coffee and walk the dog for a few minutes while the required time ticks away as I know my unit was good to go about 5 hours ago during my 10 hour break. Nothing like waiting til the 10 is over then starting a pretrip and finding something wrong, how to you explain that to the driver manager or broker that you're gonna be late now?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.