Reimer Express driver training

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by emmerb, Nov 28, 2008.

1. emmerb

emmerb Bobtail Member

May 31, 2007
    Hello all,
    I'm considering signing up with Reimer's driver training program. It costs $6500 (which is initially covered by the company but then deducted from your pay cheques a little each month for the next two years and then refunded). The course takes 2 months to complete. My question is has anyone been through this program? If so do you have any complaints or insight. Is Reimer a good company to work for? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mulligan

Mulligan Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Winnipeg, MB
    hi, i work for reimer and it is a good company (and unionized -CAW) with great benefits.getting your 1A license for free is a terrific opportunity. i highly recommend the program.you will be driving with another driver as a team. first year pay is 25 cents for every mile the truck is driven, and 30 cents after the first year. you can expect 19-20,000 miles per month ... and first year earnings of aout $60,000 - and about $75,000 after the first year.expect to travel to van, cgy, edm, tor, mtl and moncton, and in the US to chicago, dallas, denver, winston-salem, harrisburg pa.the great thing is you pick up a trailer at a terminal, and drop it at another ... no need to deliver to customers .. and no physical loading/unloading.if you a resident of winnipeg, it's great because you usually come back through every 3-4 days due to it being the hub of operations.Good Luck !!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.