Reinhart food service ??

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jtaran06, May 27, 2017.

1. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    any info would be great. I go for face to face Tuesday but I'm having second thoughts. It's a 60 mile one way drive to work he told me 23.50 hour to start and a 4 day work week. I just need 2-3 more years for my wife to finish nursing school and I'm out.

Do they have good insurance at a decent family rate and is 80k realistic in Evansville market

I currently run team with my bro fedex ground and we do 70k 4 day dedicated run 3 off just dropping and hooking. Is reinhart worth the switch?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wise2727

wise2727 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Reinhart includes a LOT of physical labor in their local positions. The 23.50 is a little high because it's not a set amount in most markets. I live in East Tennessee and they get that amount from minimum wage plus stop pay and per case unloading fee which CAN add up to 23.50 an hour. My friends that work there actually make about 19.00. I can't speak for their regional or otr though. Not sure about insurance quality, but they both have family coverage and haven't complained about it. Also you will be making a flat 16-17 "training pay" for about 6-10 weeks before you get your own route.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  4. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska
    I know of someone who works there out of the Chicagoland market. He starts between 3-4am, and is done between 2-4pm on average. He works 5 days a week though. He is hourly, not sure what his rate is, but he makes around $85,000 per year.

Food service is tough. It's harder than being a beer guy or a pop guy even (I worked at Pepsi for 1.5 years). But, the small perk that some food service guys get is a 4-day work week. Quite a few of the Sysco locations do it that way.

Expect 50 hours per week working those 4 days. But, I'd say expect $65k-$70k per year working those 4 days.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  5. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Theres no way youll make 80k working 4 days. Do the math, even if you work 14 all 4 days its only 75k and thats assuming they pay ot after 8 and you would literally have to work 14 everyday for the entire year that you worked which is impossible since even food service has slow times.

I would say you would releastically make around 60k with that company in your area your first year. Also your commute sucks, you will be hating life. It's also guaranteed youll be working at least one weekend day and theres a good chance those 3 days off wont be off in a row. Also youll probably work most if not all holidays. My company made me come in on thanksgiving, I literally almost quit that day. A lot of guys had to work christmas eve and christmas so people can stuff their fat faces.

You mentioned your wife will finish nursing school, it almost sounds like she will support you after that, if youre an older gentleman they won't hire you (which is a god send for you if youre an older guy). You might get lucky and get a shuttle gig right after the bat but even that sucks. Also youll be starting around 230 am everyday rain or snow no f's given none of that its too dangerous to deliver crap allowed. Welcome to food service

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  6. jtaran06

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Young guy. Only 30. Yeah she wants me out of trucking so I'm gonna get a milk route. Guess I better just stay put for now and enjoy my gravy gig.

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Why do you wanna switch it doesn't like like a bad gig what you have now and I bet you don't have to drive 120.00 miles a day back and forth to work either.

8. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Work smart not hard.
    Stay where your at.

jtaran06 and pattyj Thank this.
  9. jtaran06

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

I leave out Wednesday morning 3am and I'm back Saturday night at 11pm at home. I drive 120 one way to Nashville to get to truck. But we pay gas every other week so that helps. I guess all I heard was home daily. But looks like 60 mi one way not worth coming home to lay down for 6 hours to leave again. Plus I don't touch freight

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You have a sweet deal now.Reinhart drivers do unload their freight.Reinhart delivers to a rexall drug store every week and he's there an hr at least unloading.How I know this is cause I go across the street in a library parking lot using free wify.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.