Rent 1 ton with 5th wheel hitch

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Chris Routh, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Chris Routh

Chris Routh Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Been going for 5.5 years and always just had some downtime during repairs. Never had a daily job that I couldn't put off for 3-4 days. I have that now which is the best paying easiest job I've ever had. Don't have the money or will to have a backup truck as I haven't had many repairs in the past 2 years but that will change and I'd like to be prepared. Does anyone rent 3/4 or 1 ton trucks with a 5th wheel hitch anymore? I'm in DFW. Thanks, Chris

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. azheavyduty

azheavyduty Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    Check with Enterprise Truck Rental.

4. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Enterprise is a good bet. A company here bought a half dozen Enterprise fleet units out of an auction and they all had evidence of having a 5th wheel or gooseneck coupler in them. They were Halliburton trucks came down here from Alberta to be sold where not so many people would recognize the paint I guess. Full crew cabs 4x4’s with 8’ boxes. I’ve seen trailer mounted flare stacks around with gooseneck couplers on them. You may get lucky.

5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Ill be the pessimist here, youve not been stockpiling cash in the past few years? Thats poor planning on your part.

I obviously dont know anythinh about you, but im having a hard time seeing how with 0/minimal repairs you could be in a situation like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.