Rent a Center

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by dancnoone, Jan 27, 2008.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    A big thumbs up for these guys, totally!

Show up, toss it off...see ya later.

They don't have docks, but they send EVERY avaliable person to get the goods :)

They truly ARE an equal oppurtunity employer. There were just as many women using hand trucks as guys LOL

One store even called another that was due to close before I got there, to ask them to stay an extra 15 minutes, so I would not have to spend the night.

Great bunch :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bigfork, MT
    Just got done doing a 15 drop load for them in East Tennessee. Actually got 12 of them off in one day, and the last 5 were in small towns 30 miles apart. Very good people to deliver to. I think we work for the same company, danc694u.

4. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I'd be willing to bet we do :) Work for the same company that is.

And you've just added credibility to the fact I have said it is possible to get that many stops off in one day :) Some folks find that difficult to believe.

Get ya another one and go.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    When I used to haul carpet back in the 80's we would have multiple stops a day. 20-30 sometimes. A lot of drops would be in the same town. Some places would only get a roll or two or a box of tile, but we had to bust our back sides to get empty each day. Other days one place would take a lot off the trailer.

6. bbkeo

bbkeo Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2007
    winston salem nc
    Years ago I delivered to a Rent A Center store in Detroit. I had to park out in the middle of the street but I was unloaded faster there than just about anywhere else. The guys working in the store came out and unloaded the trailer super quick. They were a great group of people.

7. Mr_Fantastic

Dec 12, 2007
    Bigfork, MT
    Not sure if it is true, but the gal in Myrtle told me that we get $25 per drop on Rent A Center loads. If so, that was a good days wage! It will make up for the fact that I have been sitting in Laramie, WY for 2 days due to I80 being closed. Hopefully it will open tomorrow.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, it is possible. but it depends on how far apart they are, and more importantly whether or not the trailer is loaded right.

9. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Yes sir you heard correct. Furniture loads (going east) out of Myrtle pay $25 per stop. :)

Many folks don't view that as good pay for a stop...but when you can knock that many off in a day and cover 2-300 miles in a day...it adds up quick.

We have another account, out west. That pays $40 a stop. I can't remember the account name. But it is usually boxes front to back, top to bottom. And can be as many as 20-30 stops from what I hear. Don't hold me to that one though.

10. Mr_Fantastic

Dec 12, 2007
    Bigfork, MT
    Yep, Pier 1. Ive done it a few times but never had more than 3 stops. A good workout.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.