Rental Company? NOT leasing

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by I3IGBIRD26, Jul 3, 2021.

1. I3IGBIRD26

I3IGBIRD26 Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2021
    Who have you or do you use ? Penske seems to have approved me across the board with rentals. Sleepers 1k/wk, .18/mile. 10k deposit by way of cashiers check... this was Atlanta area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    My contract is done through a company I contract to. With Ryder and PACCAR it's 799/wk, .10/mile.

I would NOT work with PACCAR again, because they refuse to do work that needs to be done. Literally had 2.5 weeks sitting while 1 shop tried to get approval for services from the home shop, both of them part of the PACCAR rental/maintenance proogram.

slow.rider, rpad139 and I3IGBIRD26 Thank this.
  4. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Did the rental truck thing for a small fleet. We looked at Ryder and Penske, but we got better terms and service from the manufacturers; International (IdeaLease) first and then Kenworth (PacLease). The monthly rate and meterage were less and we basically had guaranteed uptime because whenever there was an issue we just swapped trucks (and we had a few with the ProStars; ISX 15 and MaxxForce, pre-DEF, and one blown up transmission). Even the Kenworth had an issue out-of-country and we were moved to the head of the line at a dealership.

slow.rider and I3IGBIRD26 Thank this.
  5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I think a lot of that depends on the home shop; how much rental business they do, how well they look after their units and how hard they push to get their trucks fixed if out of their own network. We worked with large regional dealerships that had multiple locations and had a lot of rentals. Of course Ryder and Penske both have a lot more shops than any dealership and obviously rentals are their primary business... we just didn't get the warm-fuzzies from them, but other's experience is no doubt different.

I3IGBIRD26 and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  6. SoulScream84

Mar 21, 2020
    Kenworth isn't nearly what they used to be with PACLEASE. I know of 1bof our units that has been sitting at a dealership in Chicago because of the clutch for over 3 weeks right now. The home shop for that unit has yet to approve a PO through the PACLEASE program.

Meanwhile I've had 3 issues with our Shaker through Ryder, all 3 I was in and out of a shop in under an hour. As you said though, others experience may vary. I just wouldn't piss on PACLEASE reps if they were on fire after the BS I went through.

not4hire and I3IGBIRD26 Thank this.
  7. I3IGBIRD26

Jun 25, 2021
    Is 10k deposit in a CASHIERS CHECK standard like Penske asked?

8. SoulScream84

Mar 21, 2020
    Chasing the rental yourself that is about average. I've seen some guys get away lower, and some with more depending on circumstances.

I3IGBIRD26 Thanks this.
  9. I3IGBIRD26

Jun 25, 2021
    I see full service leases averaging around 6k/mo. Just got rental quote from major company at 1k/wk with $.16/mile. This was for sleeper.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.