Repo Truck vid What do you think

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DixonM, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Well, just as soon as they pay the bill for towing and storage, they'll be on their happy way.
    Trucking ain't for sissies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I suspect the trucks send GPS coordinates at a regular interval. Dealerships and banks are not fools. That asset is going anywhere in the country. They will take reasonable steps to always know where it is, especially if someone stops paying for it.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Not paying your bills gets pretty expensive very fast.

5. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Some things are generally left to operator's discretion. I won't pretend to know the reason that this driver dragged the whole combo instead of just the tractor, but I CAN tell you that I've intentionally lost a trailer from a combo tow in a place that I know to charge exorbitant impound fees solely because the driver was being a dick... we later ended up impounding both the tractor and the trailer for refusal to pay their tow bill, in case that helps illustrate the kind of person that driver was

6. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    I just saw (2) decked out orange KW W900's with brand new reefers in "make your own parking spots against the red colored curb" at a Speedco. I guess these guys are doing better than we thought...:scratch:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.