Repurposing the Driver's Lounge at truck stops?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by CK73, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tucker

    tucker Road Train Member

    12,648
    40,410
    Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    0
    How did you miss this recent news article about human trafficing?

    How Florida police snared nearly 300 — including Robert Kraft — at spas used for sex trafficking
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. D.Tibbitt

    D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

    17,681
    116,456
    Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    0
    I agree with the first part of the post about the media being exaggerating the truth but every single person out here chose to get our license and be a trucker if you dont want to be a trucker anymore the turn ur keys in and find another line of work, this job to me is the closest to freedom u can get as a working man
     
  4. danny23tx

    danny23tx Road Train Member

    1,480
    2,213
    Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    0
    During NFL, College FB and Basketball playoffs alot are full. I watched Cowboys vs Saints in Shreveport packed house crap talking and laughs , good times! I spent most the college FB season on the road and was able to watch alot of my teams game on the road . Hookem!
     
    D.Tibbitt and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Woodchuck88

    Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

    553
    1,101
    Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    0
    I agree with the above, a decent bar or parking would be nice in the lounge area.
     
    D.Tibbitt, x1Heavy and CruzControhl Thank this.
  6. tucker

    tucker Road Train Member

    12,648
    40,410
    Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    0
    Is it really a good idea for you OTR drivers to be drinking?
     
    joshuapowell61, D.Tibbitt and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. Woodchuck88

    Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

    553
    1,101
    Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    0
    Yes they’ve been doing it since trucks were invented. But I’m not OTR. Those poor guys need a good bar worse than me.
     
  8. Moose1958

    Moose1958 Road Train Member

    13,773
    26,701
    Dec 17, 2010
    Ainigriv Notpmah
    0
    There were lots of places around the US where I was within walking distance from a nice place to eat. Many times I would go sit down and order a slice of cow and a baked tater enjoy a salad and chase it with a beer or two. It's fine to drink, just be responsible doing so.
     
    Numb, x1Heavy and CruzControhl Thank this.
  9. STexan

    STexan Road Train Member

    14,962
    29,122
    Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    0
    A bunch of truck drivers and a bunch of booze = very bad mix. 5% will always be running off the other 95% with all their nonstop drunken BS. From what I’ve seen many truck drivers can’t handle their booze and become very ugly and run their mouth nonstop because they developed cabin fever and don’t know how to act in public when inebriated
     
    joshuapowell61 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. tscottme

    tscottme Road Train Member

    9,279
    15,694
    Jul 25, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    0
    The human trafficking these days is importing girls/women who live in massage parlors and dance in strip clubs. Massage parlors are using imported Asian women/girls. I don't know about strip clubs. I rarely see "lot lizards" in truck stops anymore. I suspect the anti-trafficking groups like to emphasize the kidnapped teenage American girls because those are the victims most likely to seem sympathetic to do-gooders.
     
    joshuapowell61 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. Espressolane

    Espressolane Road Train Member

    11,813
    60,978
    Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    0
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.